Board logo

Beaulieu Autojumble
JohnFol - 21/7/02 at 09:41 PM

For those wishing to source the more obscure donor parts, Beaulieu are holding a massive autojumble in September.
Been a few times and I must say the beer arrangement is quality. Here's the link
http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/motormuseum/events.cfm?Action=Display&Event=2

bob - 21/7/02 at 10:31 PM

I'm going to try and go on the sunday,right early start as its a bit on the large side.
I say try as i'm pushing it a bit with mrs bob,and i want to go to Le Mans next year.

I'm sure single life was better

scutter - 21/7/02 at 10:42 PM

Will bimble down as is my local autojumble. would pushing it with wife as donington same month!

bob - 22/7/02 at 06:55 PM

It's 7th and 8th of september, not as i thought the weekend after donington but the weekend before.
DAMIT I need cash for doni show so unless i win the lotto doubt if i'll make it.
I will try though

Jasper - 22/7/02 at 07:00 PM

Is it my imagination or are the ticket prices on their site the same price in advance as on the day?

I'll be there work permiting .... be up for some camping if I can get hold of a tent.

bob - 22/7/02 at 09:01 PM

Does anyone know where the nearest camp site to the jumble is?.

scutter - 22/7/02 at 09:47 PM

Sorry gardens too small,but Roundhill is a forestry commission site about 3/4miles from beaulieu. Scutter

theconrodkid - 22/7/02 at 10:01 PM

Can we camp on your airfeild?

scutter - 23/7/02 at 05:46 PM

Yeah if you don't mind the MOD police taking potshots at you with heavy calibre weopens!!!!!!!!!!!!!(probably not)

JohnFol - 29/7/02 at 09:56 AM

Camping details. . ..
http://www.forestholidays.co.uk/new_forest.asp

JohnFol - 29/7/02 at 09:57 AM

. .or
http://www.thenewforest.co.uk/AccommodationSearch.asp?location=ANY&subType=NP

Marcus - 30/7/02 at 08:41 PM

Can reccommend Roundhill, stayed there June for a week. Close to Beaulieu. BTW the garage at Beaulieu village had a ruined original Lotus Seven on the forecourt - had a square heater vent plate riveted to the nosecone!! (and looked like it was painted in red oxide primer!)

Marcus

Jasper - 31/7/02 at 03:26 PM

Marcus, have you got the contact details for RoundHill, seems like a good a place as any then....

PS Got myself a cheap tent in the sales, so I'm there....

bob - 31/7/02 at 05:24 PM

Jasper
Roundhill 0131 314 6505.

Looks like a basic site ie no showers,but who cares

What are people doing then,just sat night i suppose.
You need 2 days as there are 2000+ stalls

Marcus - 31/7/02 at 06:10 PM

Yeah no showers, but clean toilet and washing facilities, shaver points etc.
Oh and you can book online at http://www.forestholidays.co.uk/new_forest.asp

Marcus

James - 1/8/02 at 02:36 PM

Pretty sure I'm going- if I do I'll definately take tent. What time does it start on Saturday? Might consider camping Friday night aswell if it starts early.

Cheers,

James

bob - 1/8/02 at 06:56 PM

I,ve booked in at roundhill camp site for sat night,will travel to site crack of dawn sat morn as i hate queing.

BTW there are no showers at roundhill but there are showers for stall holders at Beaulieu,we are all stall holders then.

Jasper - 1/8/02 at 07:12 PM

I've emailed Beaulieu to see if they've got any stalls available .... would be better to have a stall ...

bob - 1/8/02 at 07:19 PM

You can camp on the stall as well,get a car full of peeps on there.
Might be cheaper than camp site if enough interest

There is also grub beer and showers there too

Jasper - 2/8/02 at 09:44 AM

Ok so here's the deal on getting a stand:

Stand price: £99 - includes 2 passes
Additional passes: £15 each only 2 more allowed

Total price for 4 people is £129, ie £32 each.

Compared to:

2 day pass: £18
Camping about: £8 per night
Total: £26 for one night £34 or two

Stand size 12' x 5'. So we could probably only get 2 tents on it? Maybe we could stretch out the area a bit? And there are showers available. And you get in the day b4 and get to check out the stuff early. And James and I can race each other to the cheap shocks!

So, I'm up for it and will book it, but I need 3 other people to come in with me and send me a cheque asap (not that I don't trust you...).

It would be great to have our own stand, somewhere to brew T, cook our own dodgy burgers rather than buying them etc etc....

Jasper

bob - 2/8/02 at 09:52 PM

Jasper
Unfortunatley at this moment Beaulieu is now a non runner for me,donington is the priority and uses up the rest of my budget/pocket money.

Metal Hippy™ - 2/8/02 at 10:46 PM

Now THAT is scary...

Triple Bob.

bob - 3/8/02 at 07:22 PM

You been drinking again rich

merlin - 3/8/02 at 08:34 PM

beware the fizzy water!

Metal Hippy™ - 3/8/02 at 09:17 PM

There was definitely 3 posts the same.

Gits.

bob - 3/8/02 at 09:38 PM

Yep,scared me too.
There were 3 posts the same,dont ask me how it happened though

Marcus - 9/8/02 at 05:59 PM

Looks like I may have got lucky. Booked in at Roundhill for a weeks holiday from 1st Sept. so will get to the autojumble. Anyone else staying there poss barbie and beer Sat eve?

Marcus

scutter - 31/8/02 at 10:58 AM

Bringing this up again how many people are coming to beaulieu?

Saterday morning would be best as i've persuaded the wife to let me out.

Later Dan.

P.S. If anyone got a hot line to the gods could they book some sun for me as my lines down.

scutter - 31/8/02 at 11:01 AM

OK Can't spell SATURDAY

Jasper - 31/8/02 at 04:56 PM

No me I'm afraid - too much work on - not even gonna make Donnington now...bugger...

bob - 31/8/02 at 05:50 PM

Or me,need cash for Donington.
well cash is for the cow and charcoal actually.

JohnFol - 5/9/02 at 04:13 PM

So who is up for it?

Marcus - 5/9/02 at 06:29 PM

I'll be there, actually I'm already there!
On hols, 'cos sister lives here.
Going to Autojumble Sat. I'm the one with the ginger (lack of) hair, see http://www.lumby.freeserve.co.uk for foto.
Should be there all day, see you there?

Marcus

scutter - 6/9/02 at 12:19 PM

Definately, I''l be at the gate by 9:30.

And I've got permission to go to donington too, but only for friday night and saturday.

scutter - 8/9/02 at 11:39 AM

Beaulieu was great, 3000 stalls,loads of people and some good bargins to be had(did kinda blow the budget on a orginal lotus rocker cover as it was ally and had the filler neck at the rear).

Bad points, queing for three miles(I'm a local and none of the short cuts were any quicker) and the ten quid entry fee.

See you all at Donington. Dan

bass - 8/9/02 at 06:27 PM

you being a local should have got there early. cheapest c/over i could see £75 pair, i think its for the older car not what we want. good day no rain,

JohnFol - 8/9/02 at 06:45 PM

scutter, was it the twin cam lotus rocker cover? Saw one on the Lotus Cortina stand and the guy wanted £100 for it .. .

scutter - 8/9/02 at 07:02 PM

What get up early!!!!

I hunted high and low for some coilovers but no joy, the rocker cover has "1700 super sprint" cast on the top, came from a stand that had a complete 1500 twin cam out front. see you all later.

Dan

Marcus - 9/9/02 at 05:40 PM

Yeah, I saw those rocker covers, he had 4 when I was there, 2x1700 Superspint, 1xLotus Ford and a plain crackle black one.
Wanted 60 quid so I didn't!!

Marcus

PS there was a Locost builder had a stand in the Yellow field, had a 1660 block and loads of cams, nearly bought his Webbers but just too dear at 150.