Board logo

Stoneleigh Camping
coozer - 23/4/09 at 11:14 AM

Do you have to book in advance??

Steve

Paul (Notts) - 23/4/09 at 11:19 AM

Never had to in the past. Always just turned up on Sat and payed to camp.

free entry if in Kit just pay for camping.

Paul

iiyama - 23/4/09 at 11:22 AM

What if your not IN the kit but have one trailing behind a van??

coozer - 23/4/09 at 11:28 AM

I'll be arriving in the kit, as long as its scorchio!

iiyama - 23/4/09 at 11:45 AM

Nice! Unfortunatly mine aint road legal at the moment thanks to SVA man being a t**t!!!!!

omega0684 - 23/4/09 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iiyama
What if your not IN the kit but have one trailing behind a van??

you could always try your luck and blag the guy on the gate!

flak monkey - 23/4/09 at 11:57 AM

Nope just turn up, there's loads of space

David

tegwin - 23/4/09 at 12:01 PM

Wont forget the angry guy on the gate last year who was "p1ssed" off that they had to let the """ferraris"""" in for free..... his reasoning was, if they were being let in for free... every barryboy corsa should be let in for free as well.... Made me laugh... a lot! Hope they dont get arsey that my car isnt quite a "kit"

RichardK - 23/4/09 at 05:18 PM

Nah, just turn up and pay your fiver.See this thread for a bit more info.

Cheers

Rich

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=111190

[Edited on 23/4/09 by RichardK]

Keith Weiland - 23/4/09 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Wont forget the angry guy on the gate last year who was "p1ssed" off that they had to let the """ferraris"""" in for free..... his reasoning was, if they were being let in for free... every barryboy corsa should be let in for free as well.... Made me laugh... a lot! Hope they dont get arsey that my car isnt quite a "kit"

I have to say I kind of agree with that. Its a kit car show so if it ain't a kit it shouldn't get in for free.

rusty nuts - 23/4/09 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Keith Weiland
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin

I have to say I kind of agree with that. Its a kit car show so if it ain't a kit it shouldn't get in for free.

Suspect most of the Ferrari's are in fact replicas?

Keith Weiland - 23/4/09 at 09:09 PM

I guess I misunderstood the post

mistergrumpy - 25/4/09 at 08:38 PM

If you're camping say Saturday do they make you pay the £10 fee again for the Sunday? I remember Donnington did a couple of years back.

flak monkey - 25/4/09 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
If you're camping say Saturday do they make you pay the £10 fee again for the Sunday? I remember Donnington did a couple of years back.

Nope only paid once last year.

David

bob - 25/4/09 at 08:49 PM

Yep you only pay once, the camping is within the club areas so once your in your in.

Actually even if your going sunday and monday but going home inbetween its worth paying to camp all weekend,makes it easier to trawl the bits you buy back to your car.

adithorp - 26/4/09 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bob
Actually even if your going sunday and monday but going home inbetween its worth paying to camp all weekend,makes it easier to trawl the bits you buy back to your car.

Explain...I don't see what difference paying to camp makes to that.

adrian

bob - 26/4/09 at 09:14 PM

It can be a bit of a trek depending on which car park your in and what time you arive.

adithorp - 27/4/09 at 09:30 AM

Ahh... you mean if your in a tin-top. If your in the kit then you'll be inside the ground anyway.

adrian

bob - 27/4/09 at 09:42 AM

Exactly.

I paid £5 for camp/entrance all weekend, i might be wrong (and i'm sure someone will correct me) but i think camp/entrance for a tin top is £20 for the weekend which is sat midday till tues midday, which basically means camping is free.

Obviously each person extra in the tin top will have to pay for the weekend as well, and i'm only basing this on advance ticket prices.

[Edited on 27/4/09 by bob]

mistergrumpy - 27/4/09 at 10:29 AM

Does each person who's camping have to pay a camping fee or do you just pay for the plot. Reason is I've got tickets for me and my brother and if we decide to stay then it may be worth just one person going through the campers gate whilst the other walks round to the pedstrians gate

bob - 27/4/09 at 01:12 PM

Would be worth giving grosvenor exhibitions a call, i have a feeling camping is free as long as you have tickets for both days.

http://www.grosvenorexhibitions.co.uk/KitCar/KitCar.html

[Edited on 27/4/09 by bob]