Board logo

Poole Quay for my car
wheezy - 28/5/10 at 09:11 AM

I was looking at taking my car to this event on the 4th June.
link
Has anyone been before?
It could be an ideal event for other Locostbuilders in the area to get together.

Jasper - 28/5/10 at 09:16 AM

They feature the Mini regular night down there in the Mini mag, looks a good night out.....

quadra - 28/5/10 at 11:55 AM

I have been to the mini meets and it was a nice informal affair, with fish and chip supper to boot. They are doing a Lotus 7 meet at the end of June, do you think it is for original cars or anything Lotus 7 shaped.

philhoward - 28/5/10 at 02:02 PM

I did the open top one a few weeks ago. About 30 cars there.

Not a bad evening as there are a few pubs on the quay. Dependent on weather I will be there next Friday

Phil

spdpug98 - 28/5/10 at 03:04 PM

I went along last year for the '7's night:

wheezy - 29/5/10 at 01:06 PM

looking at your photos it looks like a good evening out. The weather looks ok at the moment so unless it changes I should be there for fish and chips and a beer

Dave

bob - 5/6/10 at 04:01 PM

It was a good early evening meet and deffinatly worth going to, luckilly i was holidaying in the area so popped down.

Nice to see you again Dave.

I've put the photos in my archive under "poole quay"

[Edited on 5/6/10 by bob]

bob - 5/6/10 at 07:29 PM

Spotted this old dellow, some say the first real kit car. Rescued attachment Poole quay 2010 028.JPG
Rescued attachment Poole quay 2010 028.JPG

wheezy - 5/6/10 at 07:44 PM

Nice to meet up with you as well Bob.
You managed to get some great pictures.
I arrived at about 6.30 and it was almost full by then, if the weather is the same at the next event in July I will definatley be going again. It's a great venue and well organised.

Dave