Board logo

MK OWNERS @ NEWARK SHOW
bob - 28/5/04 at 10:06 AM

Same as last year plot 22 next to hall 1

Mk-Ninja - 28/5/04 at 01:56 PM

Ill be there if its not wet

Hellfire - 28/5/04 at 02:10 PM

I'll be there even if its wet!! (or moist..... I like moist)

timcrasher - 29/5/04 at 06:35 AM

i'll be there on the Sunday if it's nice. As I live less than a mile from the show ground, would anyone like to meet up, especially you BEC owners, for a gentle drive through the Nottinghamshire country side on the way to the show?
I'm sure I could fine a slightly more interesting route than the 'A' roads. Let me know what you guys think

spunky - 30/5/04 at 11:25 AM

Most definately Tim.
Not much of a drive to Newark Showground for me either.
I'm also at a bit of loss as what my car is. Not technically a locost although same principles have been applied. It is an ST chassis but not an ST car.
Boo hoo I dont know where to park...
Anyone want to adopt me...
Go on, let me join your gang, go on please....

John

j30fos - 31/5/04 at 01:38 PM

when and where about's is it

Cheers

Mk-Ninja - 31/5/04 at 06:16 PM

Well John if youve not sold it yet we need to meet en route.

Which day do you want to go.

j30fos - 1/6/04 at 07:32 AM

:-) Not yet, very nearly but the buyer backed out at the last minute :-( but hey.

Where is it Gordon and whats the date.

I'll ask the missus for a pass out :-)

Mk-Ninja - 1/6/04 at 07:40 AM

19th or 20th June.

From here its over to Chesterfield, over the M1 (J29) and straight on past Mansfield.

timcrasher - 1/6/04 at 02:39 PM

Gordon,
The A617 is a nice fast and flowing road from Mansfield, with not too many villages to slow down for. If you decide to go on the Sunday, I expect John and I could meet you near Mansfield for mass cruise to the show.
Any other cars care to join ?

Hellfire - 1/6/04 at 02:54 PM

Yeah, we'll join you on that one. Where would you suggest meeting up?

Mk-Ninja - 1/6/04 at 03:04 PM

Yep Just give me a time and place

j30fos - 1/6/04 at 03:06 PM

Same here, remember I'll be coming from Bolton

Mk-Ninja - 1/6/04 at 03:13 PM

John
Looking at the map it might be easier for you to meet me first and then go to meet up a mansfield.

j30fos - 1/6/04 at 03:17 PM

no problem, you have my number dont you.

Let us know nearer the time and we will meet up.

Another day out in the beast looking forward to it.

OX - 1/6/04 at 06:12 PM

gordon,jfos what time are you guys going and which day.

timcrasher - 2/6/04 at 06:03 AM

I think we may be starting a convoy. That should get a few stares form the tin top drivers!

[Edited on 2/6/04 by timcrasher]

j30fos - 2/6/04 at 07:15 AM

Sunday is probably looking better for me but Sat could be possible at a push.

I'll go when even evers best for you lot.

I take it gordon you know where this place is?

timcrasher - 2/6/04 at 07:08 PM

I have to work on Saturdays, so I can only go on Sunday. The show opens at 9:30 on the Sunday, so you guys decide what time to meet and I will be there. After all its you guys that are travelling over here.

Mk-Ninja - 2/6/04 at 08:09 PM

Looks like Sunday will be best, its also the locostbuilders AGM on the Sunday. Dont want to miss that unless Chrisg has already killed me.
Ill look which is the best meeting points for j,fos & OX them we can go over to Mansfield and meet with Hellfire & Tim.
Weve still got a couple of weeks to sort it out. Ill keep you posted.

j30fos - 5/6/04 at 08:33 AM

Yep Sunday it is then

Mk-Ninja - 8/6/04 at 12:52 PM

Tim

Have you decided where and when you are meeting, as 10:00 to 10:30 would be best. If thats too late we could meet at the show and do your route in reverse.

Gordon

[Edited on 8:6:04 by Mk-Ninja]

Mk-Ninja - 8/6/04 at 12:58 PM

If anybody / anymake wants to come along from the North West to Newark just give me a shout and Ill let you know where to meet us.

Gordon

Hellfire - 8/6/04 at 01:05 PM

I reckon the best place to meet would be in the layby on the A617 Rainworth Bypass - just outside Mansfield. You guys coming over from North West will obviously dictate meeting time, although 10:00am fine by me.

Everybody welcome - the more the merrier

[Edited on 8-6-04 by Hellfire]

Mk-Ninja - 8/6/04 at 01:07 PM

OK Im just waiting for a couple of replys and then I can confirm a time.
Just hope the weather is OK

bob - 8/6/04 at 06:15 PM

Anyone want to take the MK owners club banner ? in fact anyone want the MK owners club banner ?

Cant make Newark so any soputherners want to pick up the banner and metal stakes if they have room your welcome,thanks.

Jasper - 8/6/04 at 09:14 PM

I take it you will be having birds like this on you stand - cos if not I won't bother coming Rescued attachment wcm18.jpg
Rescued attachment wcm18.jpg

Metal Hippy - 8/6/04 at 09:40 PM

As you're married to your car, I'll have her friends.

timcrasher - 9/6/04 at 06:52 AM

Helfire, you must be a mind reader. I was going to suggest the layby on the Rainworth bypass just before the roundabout at the top of the hill.
10am will be fine. I then thought we could take the B6386 to Southwell. It an awesome piece of road and the council has just resurfaced it for us Did the road from Southwell and back in 18mins early last Sunday morning. Its seriously addictive.
I just hope it is sunny

Mk-Ninja - 9/6/04 at 08:05 AM

OK. Looks like weve got it sorted.

First meeting place will be Safeway carpark at Chapel-en-le-Frith postcode SK23 0HZ, at 8:30am Sunday 20th.

Then to meet with Tim & Hellfire at the layby on the A617 Rainworth Bypass at approx 10am.

If anybody wants to join us, just let us know where so we can look out for you.

Lets just hope the sun shines

j30fos - 13/6/04 at 02:46 PM

Hi Gorden, The cars sold, just waiting for the cheque to clear. Should clear Wednesday, its going to be tight on whether I can make it on sunday. The car is going to MK as the new buyer wants a full roll cage fitting, so it all depends on whether the car goes in after Sunday. Hope I can make it as it will be the last show in it. Will keep you informed.

richardR1 - 14/6/04 at 08:37 PM

Looking forward to meeting you guys at the show to put faces to usernames. Still roughly 3-4 weeks away from taking delivery of my kit so will no doubt be taking loads of pics for reference. Collected donor last weekend and most parts removed so ready to get started.

Hellfire - 18/6/04 at 11:48 AM

OK, just checked the latest BBC weather forecast and it looks like sunshine & showers. Is everyone still up for the meeting at 10:00am in the lay-by on A617 Rainworth Bypass??

Mk-Ninja - 18/6/04 at 12:04 PM

I suggest we check tomorrow they said it was sunshine and showers for today and its rained all morning. The good news is its stopped now.
Ill u2u my mobile number.

santcliff - 18/6/04 at 03:09 PM

Anyone wanna change their minds and go saturday?

http://www.metcheck.com/48hrforecast.asp?lat=53&lon=-1&locationID=48

Thats my plan.

s

Jasper - 18/6/04 at 03:14 PM

Think we might be heading back down south by Sunday morning

Mk-Ninja - 18/6/04 at 03:55 PM

We'll have to bring coffee and bacon sarnies to keep you going.

chrisg - 18/6/04 at 07:59 PM

We'll meet you at 10:00am in the layby Gordon, Is there a cafe in this layby?

Cheers

Chris

timcrasher - 18/6/04 at 08:22 PM

I'm still up for it. The showers we have had today have only lasted for a couple of minutes and then the sun comes out again. If it does start to drizzle it wont matter once your moving anyway, as it will just blow over your head. If your hair's getting wet drive faster.
I will check with you guys tommorrow evening to comfirm if you lot are still coming though.
Chris, its just a layby next to the roundabout, but there is a petrolstation/shop just across the road!

Metal Hippy - 18/6/04 at 08:28 PM

Another one in Newark? Christ, that's 3 I know of..

spunky - 18/6/04 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Metal Hippy
Another one in Newark? Christ, that's 3 I know of..

Who's the third?

Is it a blue/yellow se7en

Mk-Ninja - 18/6/04 at 08:47 PM

I / we will be at said layby at 10:00 in what ever mode of transport is deemed suitable. Just hope its the 7 if not tough.

timcrasher - 18/6/04 at 08:49 PM

Hippy, technically I live in Coddington, just up the road from the showground. It's a bit more upmarket at this end

Metal Hippy - 18/6/04 at 09:28 PM

Newark half marathon runs through Coddington...

I wouldn't call it posh mate