Board logo

Santa Pod this Sun. 31st
pewe - 29/10/10 at 02:12 PM

Anyone-else going to their end of season RWYB this Sunday (weather dependent & those celebrating their wedding anniversaries excused)?
No need to pre-book & sign-on starts 0800hrs, all-day runs for about £35.
For the first time passengers are being allowed (extra ballast to keep the back end down?) for £10.
Just need a helmet and arm restraints as it's an open top car.
Anyone on here welcome to borrow my restraints when I'm not using them.
See you there?
Cheers, Pewe

pewe - 1/11/10 at 08:55 AM

Just in case anyone's interested went but it was almost a total wash-out. Pity as it seemed a good idea at the time. There were a few runs but on a slippy strip far from ideal - biggest balls on the guy who clocked an 11 at 120 on a road/drag Kawasaki.
It's a broad church - everything from dragsters to karts with home built jet engines through trevved-up civics and a couple of pizza lads on their scooters.
Deffo going again but next time the weather will have to be right!
Cheers, Pewe

bimbleuk - 1/11/10 at 10:16 AM

I went to Shakepeare County instead but it was much the same. I left after lunch as they were slow to start and didn't get any runs in the morning.

bimbleuk - 1/11/10 at 10:18 AM

There's an event at the air field near Honiton on the 20th November I believe. May be the last chance to run thsi year.

Smeathorpe Airfield
Honiton
EX14 9RF

pewe - 8/11/10 at 10:18 AM

Tempting though it is I think that's just a bit too far, partic. as the weather's gone all wintery.
May try Shakespeare next year.
Cheers, Pewe