Board logo

Exeter Kit car show 22/23 Oct 2011
steve m - 11/10/11 at 07:34 PM

Anyone going?

Im on leave over those dates, and quite fancy a drive down to Exeter form sussex,
I will pick which day nearer the time (better weather?) and plan on an early start, drive down and back in one day

This would be my first show in about 7 years !!

Who wants to team up and go

Regards

Steve

Thinking about it - 11/10/11 at 08:22 PM

I'm going. Not sure what day, not comming from your direction though.

MakeEverything - 11/10/11 at 09:21 PM

I might be there in my kit car. Six things left to do before MOT.

billy - 13/10/11 at 08:03 PM

I'm going with Mr G, although I've been going to this show from the start, it's getting worse every year and this may be my last time!

scutter - 17/10/11 at 11:29 AM

Weather dependent will be popping along on Sat hopefully, going to try Oxford to Exeter without touching too many motorways or dual carriageways!

ATB Dan.

steve m - 19/10/11 at 10:12 AM

"I'm going with Mr G, although I've been going to this show from the start, it's getting worse every year and this may be my last time! "

if its that bad, should i bother ??

i was only going to go in the 7, if the weather is good enough, really as it will be the last chance this year out in the car
as tax runs out at the end of the month, and shift work pattens preclude anything else

baz-R - 19/10/11 at 08:24 PM

i will be there sat as its about 1m from home

Lightning - 21/10/11 at 09:05 AM

I will be there probably on Sunday. i will trailer the car as I want to bring some bits to sell. ie wheels, yoko 032's, handbrake cable etc etc etc Cant fit these in the cockpit wit me

steve m - 23/10/11 at 05:03 PM

Myself and Homers double (he does not look like homer!!) went yesterday,
we did the show twice round in 2 hours,
im glad i went as i needed a couple of bits, but will i go again
NO

here is a pic of Conrods old car

robocog - 23/10/11 at 10:05 PM

Indeed Conrods old car did make it there (and back)
Myself and Smudge went on the Saturday - his cars parked next to mine in that pic

Was a close call though as the rad decided to hole itself Friday morning when I took it into work as a "test drive" as it hadn't moved for a couple of months
Luckily theres a chap on our estate who had gear to braze/solder it back into a less leaky state and I managed to bodge the mounts back into a less flacid state

No one was selling Polo rads at the show but will get one ordered online as the rad is looking pretty ropey and owes the world nowt

Didn't bump into anyone I recognised from here but pretty sure I saw Claire's car there ??

Regards
Rob

HowardB - 24/10/11 at 07:25 AM

there is a recent "garage clearout" style thread with a polo rad for £25 I think, ntdwm

hth

steve m - 24/10/11 at 08:09 AM

We we going to go in my locost, but as we left very early, it was cold
plus my car was tech with a fuel leak, that i didnt get sorted till about 1900

Steve