Board logo

Uxbridge Autoshow - who needs a ticket?
GeoffT - 1/6/12 at 03:22 PM

In a couple of weeks time I'll need to order the tickets for this years Uxbridge Autoshow (15th July) so need to have a list of names fairly soon.

It's still just a fiver for entry but they have taken to sending the tickets out just a couple of weeks before the show date which doesn't give much time to hand them out at Newlands meets, etc, so if you could add 50p towards postage (making it £5.50) that would be great.

Just to be clear, these tickets are for those who want to exhibit their cars on the Locostbuilders pitch, for any other type of entry use the booking system on the website. It doesn't have to be a Locost, or even a 'seven', anything interesting should be ok, we've even been known to accept MX5's in the past.....

It's well worth booking your ticket in advance as although you can turn up on the day (and would be welcome to use our pitch) this will cost you more. All proceeds go to charities, so even if it's completely rained off your hard-earned cash won't have been wasted.

I can accept Paypal (preferred) or a cheque will do fine, please u2u for address/paypal details. If I'm likely to see you at a meet beforehand then cash will do nicely....

Geoff.

GeoffT - 1/6/12 at 03:26 PM

Uxbridge Autoshow link.

bob - 1/6/12 at 04:13 PM

I'm in geoff, i'll give you the cash when we meet up next.

theconrodkid - 1/6/12 at 07:17 PM

me too

GeoffT - 6/6/12 at 04:59 PM

Only four takers so far, we need a few more vehicles on our pitch fellas.......

Michael - 10/6/12 at 05:04 PM

Geoff when is the cut off for you putting in for tickets?

GeoffT - 10/6/12 at 05:55 PM

I think Monday 18th June is the very latest I would dare to leave it.

mark chandler - 10/6/12 at 06:12 PM

Hello Geoff

Personally not really interested, but if you want to stick my locost on the pitch that would be fine. It's on a trailer and lives 1 mile from the site, Just collect and return

I will be painting it soon so may look rubbed down and rough (now), or nice and shiney.

Regards Mark

GeoffT - 10/6/12 at 08:02 PM

I'm hoping we should have enough cars to justify keeping our pitch, but thanks for the offer Mark.

Michael - 10/6/12 at 09:15 PM

Count me in.

I don't think I have ever been although I used to live down the road and still have Family there.

U2U sent.

GeoffT - 15/6/12 at 07:20 AM

I'll be posting the order for these tickets on Monday, so this is your last chance, if you fancy going please let me know this weekend....

GeoffT - 3/7/12 at 02:26 PM

Tickets have finally turned up, I'll be sending them out tomorrow, should be dropping on to your doormat by the weekend...

bob - 3/7/12 at 02:53 PM

Big thanks to Geoff for sorting this one out

Michael - 3/7/12 at 07:46 PM

Cool thanks.

robocog - 3/7/12 at 08:19 PM

Dang...
I should log in here more often
Not had a nudge from Chippy or Smudge either
Don't know if they are sorted for tickets or if they missed the thread as well

If the weather looks ok it would be a good excuse to knock the surface rust off the brakes and test she still runs
Will look into the possibility of paying on the gate

Regards
Rob

GeoffT - 5/7/12 at 07:36 AM

Sorry Rob, you've missed the boat for the club entry, I'll have to remember to u2u you guys or something similar in future.

Doesn't stop you coming of course, as you say just pay at the gate - we'll be glad to see you.....

Michael - 6/7/12 at 08:14 PM

I didnt log on last night, so didnt get to say I recieved my ticket yesterday morning.

Thanks.

Hopefully the weather and car behave so see all that are going next Sunday.

Just spent an hour looking over the car to drive it tomorrow to find the battery is flat, as its stood for 2 or 3 weeks due to weather conditions.

Chippy - 6/7/12 at 09:51 PM

Hi Geoff, first I have heard/seen regarding the show. But will turn up , (weather permitting), so hope to see you all there. Cheers Ray

ChrisW - 7/7/12 at 08:42 AM

Looks like I missed the ticket offer too... whoops!

Will try to get down there, although it may be my cousin's wedding that weekend, so I'll need to check with my social secretary aka the Mrs

Chris

Macbeast - 7/7/12 at 11:04 AM

Ticket received thanks Geoff .

bob - 7/7/12 at 06:21 PM

Thanks Geoff ticket arived ok, although if anyone has last years ticket its the same

GeoffT - 8/7/12 at 09:10 AM

For anybody making their own ticket arrangements, our pitch is C102.

Presuming the pitch hasn't moved from previous years, very rough directions are - as you pass through the fence line between the main car park and the show arena turn left and follow round the perimeter and you should see us, usually just past the Robin Hood club stand.

If any of the 'regulars' want to correct or improve on those directions please feel free.....

[Edited on 8/7/12 by GeoffT]

bob - 8/7/12 at 10:57 AM

We will be in area "C" Stand number "02"

Geoff the ticket does look like C102 but it should read C / 02

GeoffT - 8/7/12 at 11:01 AM

I shoulda gone to Specsavers.....

Macbeast - 11/7/12 at 05:58 AM

Is there any danger the show will be cancelled because of soggy ground ?

theconrodkid - 11/7/12 at 07:22 AM

nothing on the site about mud and the weather looks like brightening up .
i have never know it be cancelled before so check up on saturday?....pinkies crossed

theconrodkid - 14/7/12 at 11:37 AM

i went to the site today and they were setting up and filling pot holes so it WILL go ahead.

GeoffT - 14/7/12 at 11:52 AM

Have just spoken to Alan Morris, one of the organisers, he describes the state of the showground as "soft"

At that time (1245) a decision still hadn't been made as to whether the show will go ahead, he did say though that they will decide in the next hour and put something up on the website.

Fingers crossed I suppose - hope I haven't done all that bloody polishing for nothing.....

bob - 14/7/12 at 12:08 PM

I've loaded the car so fingers and everything else crossed.

I have the gazebo and windreakers,dispo bbq a single cooker so i'm ok i if the civilisation ends.

robocog - 14/7/12 at 03:15 PM

Just had a look at the Facebook page for it and its saying its cancelled :-(

Regards
Rob

theconrodkid - 14/7/12 at 03:29 PM

i have just sacrificed a dozen chavs to apease the weather god to no avail then

GeoffT - 14/7/12 at 03:55 PM

Yup, show has now officially been cancelled.

Bugger, it seems to have been jinxed with the weather the last couple of years.

Lets hope for a better outcome for the Cranleigh show next month.....

pewe - 14/7/12 at 05:26 PM

Run out to the Ace - 0900 start '70's bikes?
What else?
Blat across the Berkshire Downs - start 0700 Theale, Newbury, Wantage, Didcot and back to the Pinewood for brekkie @ c.1000hrs.
Anyone?
Cheers, Pewe10

bob - 14/7/12 at 09:45 PM

Big thanks to Geoff for organising our pitch anyway, i just hope everyone knows who bought a ticket.

Roll on Cranleigh..... the rain must stop by then, we hope.

Michael - 15/7/12 at 11:22 AM

Ooops does pay to come on and read.

I didnt get a chance last night, but luckily my journey was ended short at 9.22, sitting on the hard shoulder of M25, junction 9 after over fueling and flooding the engine.

Home at 12 noon, also after a visit from Highway Agency, SOS phone not working either.

Now have more work on the car to do, fix over fueling/hesitation/backfiring through carb.

GeoffT - 15/7/12 at 06:41 PM

quote:

Ooops does pay to come on and read. I didnt get a chance last night, but luckily my journey was ended short at 9.22, sitting on the hard shoulder of M25, junction 9 after over fueling and flooding the engine. Home at 12 noon, also after a visit from Highway Agency, SOS phone not working either. Now have more work on the car to do, fix over fueling/hesitation/backfiring through carb.

.....not often that a breakdown does you a favour, sounds like a problem that needed sorting anyway....

Michael - 15/7/12 at 08:00 PM

Yep certainly does need sorting (see my other post in Engine area)

Second car show and second break down, at least I managed to get to the last one (Detling)

Next car show is Coolings Nursery (Garden Center) near my house, so will be local.

GeoffT - 28/8/12 at 09:40 AM

There's a message on the website from the chairman re: the show cancellation, link here for those who haven't already seen it.

Sounds like the cancellation has hit them hard financially - let's hope they survive it and we get another chance next year....

theconrodkid - 30/8/12 at 07:16 AM

i sent them a mail wishing them the best of luck and i hope no-one request,s a refund as it could cause the end of this show