Board logo

Le Mans 2013
twybrow - 16/6/13 at 11:32 AM

So who is going to Le Mans this year? I am going for the first time, along with 4 of my friends - we are camping at Tetre Rouge. I was going to be taking the kit car down, but it has been displaced by an MX5, so we have a new shape Civic Type-R, and an MX5 - oh well, there is always next year for the kit!

So ho many LCBers are heading down, and in what?

spdpug98 - 16/6/13 at 12:01 PM

I'll be there, been going since 2005 although this is my first year in the MNR, shes already to go now:

twybrow - 16/6/13 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spdpug98
I'll be there, been going since 2005 although this is my first year in the MNR, shes already to go now:

Excellent - I will look out for you.

Whereabouts in Hampshire are you based? And when are you heading out?

spdpug98 - 16/6/13 at 12:16 PM

I'm over in Titchfield Common, I'm on the Portsmouth - Caen ferry on Wednesday morning, when are you heading over

twybrow - 16/6/13 at 12:57 PM

Portsmouth to Le Havre on Thursday at 7am...!

spdpug98 - 16/6/13 at 03:18 PM

We're lucky it's only a 20 minute drive to the port :-))), maybe see you over there

Paul AS - 16/6/13 at 05:10 PM

I'm going in the J15, with a mate in a classic mini cooper. All stickered up ready to go. He's got twin SU's on a 1380 with a straight cut box. Even with custom earplugs his ears will be bleeding before we get to the end of the M1!!

4 hours down to the tunnel, then another 4-5 in France - then beer!!

Eurotunnel at 10.30am Thursday morning - 4am start!! The weather forecast for Thursday and Friday is crap! Pack a big brolly!!

Camping at Pincendiere but we should make it up to the Stella Bar at some point.

KJK - 16/6/13 at 08:06 PM

Ninteenth year for me going with zetec mike, gorden h,turbo ben and six others leaving tues 7 am should all meet up for a beer?

ChrisW - 16/6/13 at 10:39 PM

I'm going as usual! In the RS6 this year, camping on Houx. Small group this year, only 12 of us!

Chris

twybrow - 17/6/13 at 05:07 PM

Excellent chaps - keep 'em coming!

spdpug98 - 17/6/13 at 08:00 PM

I've just found this in my rear tyre, now need to find someone in Southampton tomorrow who can fix it!!!

twybrow - 17/6/13 at 09:30 PM

I have had very positive dealings with 'Totton Tyre and Exhaust Centre'. They have done puncture repairs, new tyres, bodged exhausts because i was feeling poor, tracking etc, and they have always been great. Vest it all, I never book - I just turn up, and rarely have to wait long.

spdpug98 - 17/6/13 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
I have had very positive dealings with 'Totton Tyre and Exhaust Centre'. They have done puncture repairs, new tyres, bodged exhausts because i was feeling poor, tracking etc, and they have always been great. Vest it all, I never book - I just turn up, and rarely have to wait long.

Thanks, I'm going to try a local guy and if he can't do it I'll give the Totton guys a call - I'm sure it'll all work out (fingers crossed!!!!!)

Are they on the main road as you head into Totton

[Edited on 17/6/13 by spdpug98]

spdpug98 - 18/6/13 at 10:24 AM

quote:
quote:

Thanks, I'm going to try a local guy and if he can't do it I'll give the Totton guys a call - I'm sure it'll all work out (fingers crossed!!!!!)

Got it fixed......Le Mans is GO!!!

twybrow - 19/6/13 at 09:24 AM

quote:
quote:

Yes, on the main road as you head into Totton.

Glad you sorted your issue - I hope to see you and the car at Le Mans!

whitestu - 19/6/13 at 09:35 AM

Wish I was going!

I had a puncture once in France and the smug looking but helpful guy at the French tyre placed fixed the puncture without even letting the air out.

Never seen it done in the UK, but it basically involved pulling out the nail and inserting what looked like a bit of rubber pipe that then melted and filled the hole!

Stu

gingerprince - 26/6/13 at 05:50 PM

I went but took the scooby. Fancy taking the MK next year but will need to figure out a way to waterproof the sierra switch gear. Has anyone done this, or do you have to replace the lot with waterproof equivalents?