Board logo

BHP show 1st May Kent show ground Detling
Deckman001 - 27/3/23 at 02:25 PM

Hi all, I know it's not 'Locost' but a few of us Southern Kit Car Club members are going to the show with the kit cars, I might be there in mine, but it's not quite ready for the road again yet so who knows.

Jason

Deckman001 - 3/5/23 at 12:57 PM

So we had a great day out, We met up at 7am for a quick run out, to then meet the queues trying to get in, probably waited about an hour in very slowly crawling traffic affecting several cars overheating, thankfully not any of us 7 drivers. Found our pitch, set up the gazebo and put the breakfast on !!

spent lots of time walking around the site looking at probably hundreds, if not a thousand cars within the site on displays. There was even some drifting displays too

SKCC club stand
SKCC club stand

Description
Description

Description
Description

bi22le - 3/5/23 at 08:58 PM

Sounds great. Shame I was busy I would have loved to come and say hi to the SKCC stand.

Was it a mainstream show? As in could anything be taken away from the attendance numbers that MAYBE kit car popularity is on the rise?

Deckman001 - 7/5/23 at 11:02 AM

Hi ya, It was a main car show really, we were the only kit car stand I think, but any car lovers would have been pleased. The drifting set up was for serious drifting cars, between good ones and seriously fantastic drivers who could spin the wheels from standstill at the start of each session to the point of leaving the show zone back to their garage setup. The serious drivers with amazing power set up covered the whole show set up with tyre smoke during each session !!

Jason