Board logo

Midlands(shropshire) to stonleigh convoy
richijenkin - 26/4/07 at 01:15 PM

I thought there was already a post on this? Anyway, is anyone up for it on Sunday?

Thought we could meet at the same place as last year - Just before M54 on the A41 at the pub(cant remember the name) in Tong
Map

locoboy - 26/4/07 at 01:33 PM

Is it the Bell?

Im up for it, will be in the stinky oil burning pug though so i will be at the back!

[Edited on 26/4/07 by locoboy]

Mr Whippy - 26/4/07 at 01:33 PM

do you need to have a 7?

locoboy - 26/4/07 at 02:25 PM

Nope

Mr Whippy - 26/4/07 at 03:09 PM

does it have to be a kit car?

I'd take my buggy but I'd need hospitalization after a journey like that

I'll probably just meet you all at the show for an MK burger rather than embarrass you all...by leaving you all behind, snigger

MOz - 26/4/07 at 03:17 PM

Any N Walers going this way??????

I'll think about meeting you there but will be on mi own....

MOz

OX - 26/4/07 at 03:53 PM

mikelr is meeting us at the petrol station on the a41 not sure what time yet .does 9am sound ok or 9.30 at the bell .can go earlier if you want

jos - 26/4/07 at 05:25 PM

yeah i thought there was a thread too but hey

I was hoping to join you but it looks like i'm now tied up on sunday sob sob - i might meet up with you at the start for a morning butty but cant get a morning or day pass out at the mo SOB SOB

locoboy - 27/4/07 at 08:59 AM

Jos you need to tell her whats what!

OX offering to meet earlier......................you feeling ok boy?

Whippy, it dont need to be a kit seeing as im going in my pug, i will just be at the back so i dont kill everyone with the diesel fumes and oil dripping out the back

locoboy - 27/4/07 at 09:14 AM

If any 'Campers' want some excess stuff hauling down to the show i will have some spare room.

Its a 406 estate and i will have my camping gear and Gregf27's excess camping gear too but feel free to fill it up on a first come first served basis.

You would have to be able to stack it high to get to the pub to meet me though - i cant collect!

gregf27 - 27/4/07 at 11:24 PM

The excess camping gear being loads of beer!!!!
me and the boy will be there again!!
Greg

Bouldy - 28/4/07 at 06:15 PM

yeh count me in was in the convoy last year was good fun.

9.30 then?????

richijenkin - 28/4/07 at 06:22 PM

yep, 9:30 sounds good

MikeLR - 28/4/07 at 08:21 PM

Ox/Rich.
I,ll get to the Bell for 9.30.
Mike

Moorron - 1/5/07 at 10:40 AM

I will also be meeting up, if its sunny in the indy, if not in the range rover. Just hope its sunny as 14mpg in the rangey is about a new set of rear lights worth for the indy. lol

Hellfire - 1/5/07 at 11:30 AM

Which route will you lot be taking? If you could take the M6 to Junction 2, the Yorkshire convoy will be coming down the M69 and we could all meet up for the last ten miles or so down the A46..........

Just a thought.

Phil

Moorron - 1/5/07 at 12:06 PM

i dont know the area well, but from my patchy memory i think we go m6/m42 j1 and onto the A45? i know this as i missed the return convoy and quessed the way back, when i turned onto the M42 i followed the signs for the west of birmingham, pity this meant i went an extra 40 miles around the south of brum, m5 then back onto the m6.

My missus said it felt like it took longer on the way home, i didnt tell her it was my fault.

worX - 1/5/07 at 02:37 PM

this would be the way I was going, and I'm not sure but also the people from shropshire - quite prepared to stand corrected on this one however!

quote:
Originally posted by Moorron
i dont know the area well, but from my patchy memory i think we go m6/m42 j1 and onto the A45?

richijenkin - 2/5/07 at 08:50 PM

yep, as moorron said.
Shame, would have been good to meet up.
This is the route: print it out so if...no...when I go the wrong way, you dont follow.

Da Route

[Edited on 2/5/07 by richijenkin]

madmandegge - 4/5/07 at 05:07 PM

rather cheeky I know, but anyone got a spare seat still going?

cheers!

OX - 4/5/07 at 06:16 PM

how heavy are you,,i might have a spare seat going

locoboy - 4/5/07 at 08:09 PM

PMSL

I hope he is less than 3 stone to keep you under the 20 stone payload limit

D.A.Z - 4/5/07 at 09:30 PM

ok lads,i might go where would be best for me to meet you if i can get to go,i am in oswestry,
ok ox nice to meet you last night

OX - 4/5/07 at 11:36 PM

im not sure really but you could meet us at the petrol station on the roundabout near the pub on the a41 that you passed to go to the the stormy petrol on thursday night or at the bell inn pub just before the m54 at 9.30 .

pmsl loco ,,,i'll have you know iv lost a little weight now that i have to cook my own meals,but your right tho,,im down to 17 stone now

D.A.Z - 5/5/07 at 08:18 PM

9,30 at the bell then mate,cheers daz

richijenkin - 6/5/07 at 07:32 AM

looks like is going to rain around 6pm. Should be back by then though... see ya in an hour.

jos - 6/5/07 at 10:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nodAMroXnM

Got the paper !!!!

Bouldy - 6/5/07 at 04:31 PM

bloody ell didnt take you long to get that vid up loaded !! look good though shame we didnt have some more footage of the Journey

Paul

jos - 6/5/07 at 06:40 PM

i'm trying to do a bulk buy on bullet cams which would get lots of on the road footage

have a look in the forsale section

Bouldy - 7/5/07 at 09:47 AM

well it looks like we chose the right day chaps. weather pants today .

Moorron - 7/5/07 at 04:17 PM

Yep sunday was definatly the better day.

Nice to meet new faces (daz and dave? bec)

Show was quiter this year, but managed to buy some niknaks for the garage.

Got home to find i had indeed lost alot of oil, no reading on the dipstick and took 1 litre to get one . lucky i didnt try to keep up on the way home.

my missus nagged all day, told me off time after time in the car for 'racing' pfffffffttt! i didnt even spin the wheels and thought it was boring to drive at such a style. she aint comming next time.

OX - 7/5/07 at 05:11 PM

hehe its allright moorron ,i think richi got nagged at as well ,bouldy stepped up the pace a little on the way home as he normally does so we waited at the petrol station just off the m54 and then realised that you must of carried on down the motorway back home. it was good to meet every one again .

D.A.Z - 7/5/07 at 06:23 PM

good day thanks all.
i nearly missed junction on the way down,
on the way back shoe lace got caught on side pannel and nearly didnt stop at round about,think it was rich behind me sorry,
moorron,couldnt resist that yellow porker,give him a good run for his money
see you all again soon

Bouldy - 7/5/07 at 08:03 PM

yeh step up the pace a steady 70 all the way there as usuall . Then 90 to 130 on the way back yeeeeharrr. hey moggy, i backed of when we were giving it some gun i was scared my bonet was gonna fly off and take our heads off. and yeh was good to see you alll again.

will post a run to wales within the next month for us all if your all up for it

PAUL

zxrlocost - 7/5/07 at 10:20 PM

so you going back to bike engine paul

Bouldy - 7/5/07 at 10:34 PM

'so you going back to bike engine paul '

No chance m8 like me throbber now effortless. how many more members did you get??

zxrlocost - 8/5/07 at 09:56 AM

quite a few more mate

Monday we moved in door lol