Board logo

Stoneleigh: how to recognize locost biulders member?
Rudy - 28/4/08 at 04:49 PM

Hi Friends,
sunday I should be at Stoneligh with my wife, It would be nice to put a face on an avatar. How could we recognoze each other? I was thinking could it be a good idea to print our avatar and attach it on the tshirt for example?
Is there someone from London going to stonelight on sunday morning ? I will take a car (rent) and it would be helpful to follow anyone to the destination (you know I usually drive on the wrong side)
Ciao Rudy

[Edited on 28/4/08 by Rudy]

graememk - 28/4/08 at 04:57 PM

anyone whos anyone will be at the mk stand

rusty nuts - 28/4/08 at 05:24 PM

I will be wearing my locost tee shirt weather permitting

mistergrumpy - 28/4/08 at 05:28 PM

You'll be the one with the rusty nuts eh?

clairetoo - 28/4/08 at 05:32 PM

Dead easy - the locostbuilders will be the ones with grubby hands , the thousand yard stare (from too many late nights in the garage...) , studying the expensive stuff and muttering "now , how do I build one of those in the shed for next to nowt..... "

jollygreengiant - 28/4/08 at 05:36 PM

I'll be on/around the Luego stand. Easily recognised, I'll be the ugly one in the baby seat.

DarrenW - 28/4/08 at 05:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
Dead easy - the locostbuilders will be the ones with grubby hands , the thousand yard stare (from too many late nights in the garage...) , studying the expensive stuff and muttering "now , how do I build one of those in the shed for next to nowt..... "

I was just going to say all that Dont forget the chunks out of hands. No plasters on - that just isnt locost. You have to display the open wounds

stevec - 28/4/08 at 05:42 PM

I will be the fat bloke with grey hair wearing this again.

Steve,

coozer - 28/4/08 at 06:20 PM

I'll be there with my wife, so, when you see her looking all disapproving and shaking her head you'll know thats me!!

Steve

joneh - 28/4/08 at 06:52 PM

Mr Whippy will be dressed as Ming the Merciless.

Marlon - 28/4/08 at 06:52 PM

If it's sunny, I'll be in an AJ hacket bungy t shirt,
If cold, an adidas hoodie or raining, a leeds united mac!

Any of the above will be being worn along with a sad face because my car won't be there this year

owelly - 28/4/08 at 07:10 PM

I'll be the bloke who's stood looking at my own car and pretending it's not mine. I'll probably be pointing at it and laughing...
My car as seriously rubbish so you'll all recognise it...

eccsmk - 28/4/08 at 07:43 PM

i want to go (stamp feet)
if i go i might just walk round naked so i'll be easy to spot

ill be the one in the back of the police van lol

ASH3 - 28/4/08 at 08:03 PM

Come and see the real deal on MK pitch
our Owners Club Fleece with user name
embroided upon. Available to order at the
show.

dave1888 - 28/4/08 at 08:06 PM

I will be wearing a Celtic hat of some description.

chris_smith - 28/4/08 at 08:08 PM

ill be the one taking loads and loads of inspirational pics

Danozeman - 28/4/08 at 08:10 PM

quote:

I will be wearing my locost tee shirt weather permitting

If im there ill be wearing a locostbuilders t shirt or the locost shirt like rustys from the group buy thingy wotsit.

Really ill be the one looking pissed of cos my cars still not done!!

paulf - 28/4/08 at 08:20 PM

How about a meet up at the Locost area at say 2pm? .
Paul

whitestu - 28/4/08 at 08:21 PM

If I can presuade the wife to go we'll be driving up from London - not sure if Sunday or Monday yet.

Stu

rusty nuts - 28/4/08 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paulf
Paul

Good idea, both days?

MikeR - 28/4/08 at 09:03 PM

Ill be there monday with either some cash in hand, a camera or some new car bits. Hopefully with the g/f (who'll be a board girl with blonde spikey hair like Pink used to have - she's never really seen a seven so i thought its about time she saw what i'm building).

DIY Si - 28/4/08 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
quote:
Paul

Good idea, both days?

Seems like quite a good idea. Grouped around TrevD's car, assuming he'll be there?

907 - 29/4/08 at 06:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
quote:
quote:
Paul

Good idea, both days?

Seems like quite a good idea. Grouped around TrevD's car, assuming he'll be there?

Mmmm, could be quite a crowd then.

Paul G

DaveFJ - 29/4/08 at 12:06 PM

I'll be there on the monday... I will be the one dragging my very bored 15 year old daughter round with me...

paulf - 29/4/08 at 12:07 PM

I will be there on Sunday but why not say 2pm both days for whoever is there.Usuallly people just turn up and park cars then dissapear for most of the day, but if we say 2pm it gives people time to arrive and have a look around first.
Paul.

quote:
quote:
Paul

Good idea, both days?

chris_smith - 29/4/08 at 12:19 PM

2pm sounds good to me

chrisg - 29/4/08 at 03:58 PM

Knock on the door of the caravan - I might be asleep!

Cheers

Chris

Rudy - 29/4/08 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris_smith
2pm sounds good to me

to me too

owelly - 29/4/08 at 05:44 PM

I've just been out to prepare my Bongo Bus for Stoneleigh and fit a new exhaust manifold gasket. Unfortunately, when I fired the thing up to see if the gasket was OK, the engine gave a cough and a rattle and now it won't start. Bugger. It looks like we'll be in a tent then. But we'll still be there!!!

flak monkey - 29/4/08 at 06:14 PM

I'll be hanging around with my girlfriend. Find probably the only GTS panther there, and I wont be very far away!

Easy to spot we'll be the gothy couple hanging about! Do say hello if you see us.

David

owelly - 29/4/08 at 06:15 PM

Gothy? You should've been in Whitby this week!

flak monkey - 29/4/08 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Gothy? You should've been in Whitby this week!

Ahh bu88er missed it. Never mind, I'll come to the one later in the year. Usually a good laugh!

Will actually be pretty normal at stoneleigh. LMAO

owelly - 29/4/08 at 06:33 PM

It certainly is a sight to behold. But more amusing, is the old dears in the Co-op who don't give the Goths a second glance. There a big fat fellow (I think) dressed from head to toe in a red PVC gimp suit, buying a Farmhouse loaf. I think he was piffed-off because no-one was staring at him. If he'd been buying a floured bap? That would have caused a stir.

Rudy - 2/5/08 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Paul

Is locost area = locost car club (block number 39C in the stonelight map ?
Thankyou

paulf - 2/5/08 at 06:51 PM

Yes there should be quite a few cars there, people tend to just park up and leave them there for the day but would be good to meet a few builders from here at 2pm, it is also next to the MK parking area.
Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by Rudy
quote:
Paul

Is locost area = locost car club (block number 39C in the stonelight map ?
Thankyou

Trev D - 3/5/08 at 07:57 AM

See you there

02GF74 - 3/5/08 at 08:20 PM

You may see me on the hard sholder of M1 trying to remove my one way vent valve - if it fails to work, then I may get air lock in tank so no fuel to carbs - never a good idea to make unknown mods before a long journey ... but a) I am confident it works and b) I think I found a small vent hole in the filler neck making any breather unnecessary .... we shall see .....