Board logo

uxbridge locost and other makes auto show
theconrodkid - 11/7/02 at 07:29 PM

Next sunday,21st we got a tent,lots of cars,food, tea ,beer, auto jumble etc,come and suport your local club.
Its at the ski slopes,end of the m40 and only 15 miles from northolt

Jasper - 11/7/02 at 07:56 PM

I'm there....

theconrodkid - 11/7/02 at 08:38 PM

thats what i like to see,we will be to your left at the bottom of the field,see ya there.

chrisg - 11/7/02 at 09:36 PM

No, it's too far.

Cheers

Chris

bob - 11/7/02 at 10:11 PM

I'm going,and i'll charge meself £1 a mile and spend it all on burgers

scutter - 12/7/02 at 03:23 PM

Will travel up from the south, Know matter what the misses says. See you all then.

theconrodkid - 12/7/02 at 08:57 PM

Just checked the weather forecast,looks good so fingers crossed for sunstroke!

Dazza - 13/7/02 at 02:40 AM

i will try to make it, if not needed to move a car there i will probobly have a job on instead!!!!!!!!

ChrisW - 13/7/02 at 12:19 PM

I'll be there aswell.

Chris

bob - 13/7/02 at 11:10 PM

Me thinks we might need another throw away bar-b,and bring some burgers and bangers.
I'll take the cooking bits,stove and kettle if others bring the grub,but remember i'm a greedy bastard and i want to put that 20lb back on i've lost this year

theconrodkid - 14/7/02 at 06:08 PM

one week to go ,there is a huge auto jumble and of course us,so no excuse not to go

Jasper - 14/7/02 at 07:11 PM

I can bring some stuff, disposable barby, meat etc.

Is this gonna be a lads only or family day?

bob - 14/7/02 at 07:56 PM

Jasper
I ask Mrs bob if she would like to go to all the shows i attend,its a bit of a goodwill gesture.
As luck would have it she declines every time,but this is after i tell her its comunal toilets and nobody else is taking their Mrs or partner(just to be PC in this ever changing world)

theconrodkid - 14/7/02 at 09:24 PM

bring the wife,she can keep the rowdier boys in line.

Jasper - 15/7/02 at 11:18 AM

Conrod, you've obviously met the wife then..., not sure if the 8yr old going on teenage daughter would really appreciate it though...gonna try to talk them out of it.

If they do come tho', I can class it as a 'Family Day Out', and not another 'Car Day', leaving me more time to work on the chassis next week without having to go swimming or something else equally as exciting..

theconrodkid - 15/7/02 at 05:26 PM

Ther,s plenty of other things to do and see,loads to buy as well which could be a problem!bring them we promise to behave!

theconrodkid - 15/7/02 at 05:28 PM

We have space for 1 more car at the show,if you got a complete,half built,or a chassis and a means of transporting it please mail me asap,only cost you £5 to get in.

Jasper - 15/7/02 at 08:01 PM

Just me on my tod, talked the wife out of it. May be late as I may have to go to Oxford first to pick up an R1 engine, hopefully have some cash left for the auto-jumble.

What time does it kick off? How much is it to get in? Where exactly is it off the M40?

Oh, so many questions......

James???? Are you coming???

theconrodkid - 15/7/02 at 08:13 PM

Starts at 10,£6 to get in,from m40, just past m25 junction there is denham downslip,ignore that and go to the next junction witch is an underpass,turn off there right on b483 to uxbridge,its 200 yards on the left.

James - 16/7/02 at 12:41 PM

quote:

James???? Are you coming???

Yeah I think so!

James

Jasper - 18/7/02 at 11:06 AM

Got a couple of disposable barbies and some meat, need anything else???

theconrodkid - 18/7/02 at 05:27 PM

Think that just about covers it,some folding would be good as there is a huge autojumble.
see ya there.

bob - 18/7/02 at 06:42 PM

Got the seats another dissposable Bar-B and some more meat,also kettle stove water and milk oh and some cups.
How many days are we there for anyway!!

Jasper - 18/7/02 at 07:17 PM

Been saving, got a pocket full of reddies, and a big new estate to cart it all home in, can't wait. As for food I need to eat every 2 hours, so we'll need plenty.....

theconrodkid - 19/7/02 at 04:54 PM

2 hours! how can you go for so long between meals?gates open 0730 hope the catering services are there early,i got milk,t bags(most important)and water.

bob - 19/7/02 at 06:37 PM

I'll be there to help open the gates and get the kettle on

theconrodkid - 19/7/02 at 07:10 PM

good man

Jasper - 21/7/02 at 06:16 PM

Cheers guys, top day out .... even the T wasn't bad .....Gonna be sitting in my chassis with my nice grey Mountney steering wheel for the rest of the evening whilst admiring Merlin's fine handywork.

bob - 21/7/02 at 06:25 PM

Another good day out,nice to meet everyone that turned up.
Jasper,did you forget your oval tube?
See ya all at donington

scutter - 21/7/02 at 07:31 PM

looking forward to it, might even as her indoors if i can be allowed out all weekend!

Jasper - 21/7/02 at 08:11 PM

Bob, gonna get Merlin to make them up for me, seen his work, can't compete!! And the welding on this has to be spot on, and I'd need to find a large tap set, etc etc, and I want the car on the road SOON....

merlin - 21/7/02 at 08:32 PM

You can suck up as much as you like but the price stays the same!! What a good day! so lucky with the weather, sorry about the gazebo guys rest assured that the nob who supplied it will be walking with a limp when I return it! Hopefully next year we can put the 'hoods' to shame by having more cars on the stand, we will have to book earlier and see if we can camp over!

Someone drop me details on the Donnie show please, need to persuade the wife in plenty of time!!

bob - 21/7/02 at 10:10 PM

Pics of the mob doing nout at Uxbridge are on my archive.

Merlin and all interested,Donington park show is 14/15th september.
Camping is free and there are no showers,its a bit like glastonbury with petrol heads .
Book your tickets in advance with limelight exhibitions to save a couple or three quid,you can camp friday night to sunday if your greedy like me.
The Redgate lodge pub is within the complex and village round the corner has takeaways,what more do you need!!.

The show is OK and track day is sunday,bikes are on track saturday so entertainment all round.
Limelights number 01737 225857

bob - 21/7/02 at 10:27 PM

All i ever remember about those sprints backto camp are,you get there first with stevem and me grass tracking around bollards with the old fella in 3rd place.

theconrodkid - 22/7/02 at 05:30 PM

Thanks to all those that turned up at uxbridge show,i hope you all enjoyed your selfs,i did,hope to see you all again soon.

ChrisW - 22/7/02 at 06:25 PM

Cheers for sorting it out John!

Good to meet a few new faces and catch up with those I hadn't seen for a while.

Oh, and some nice motors aswell (apart from that red Locost that kept falling to bits )

Chris

merlin - 22/7/02 at 07:40 PM

Any more comments like that and I'll have you thrown of the site!! The exhaust was only dragged off because of the extreme angle it was at on your trailer!!

theconrodkid - 22/7/02 at 10:19 PM

Like the pics bob,were they taken by a profesional cameraman as they are of exceptional quality,some of the notes made me smile as well

James - 24/7/02 at 03:34 PM

Cheers for arranging the meet Conrod- had a good time and thanks for the tea Bob.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is TIG welding a rucksack to your own back!

Seeya Sunday,

James