Board logo

East Yorkshire Meeting
Si - 27/8/08 at 11:43 AM

Whose able to meet next Wednesday 3rd September, again at the Altisitora.
A few comments were made at the last meeting that it would be good to meet briefly and then all go for a drive somewhere, stopping for a quick break, drink, bag of chips (at the coast maybe) etc before returning, since that's the best part of owning these cars.
Who fancies this and any suggestions for a destingation, Hornsea, Bridlington???

[Edited on 27/8/08 by Si]

davidinhull - 27/8/08 at 12:09 PM

I can make wed 3rd but need to cancell something else to be there, so would have no problem with another day (thursday?)
a run out to the coast sounds like a plan

Si - 27/8/08 at 12:13 PM

Thursday would be ok for me too but we'll see what the majority vote is.

rayward - 27/8/08 at 12:39 PM

tues/wed/thurs all ok for me

Ray

repper - 27/8/08 at 03:32 PM

right iam going to right it on the calinder this time
any night is good for me so ill keep checking to see what day you are meeting

tom windmill - 27/8/08 at 04:16 PM

would be great if the car wasn't smashed in

DRC INDY 7 - 27/8/08 at 05:58 PM

where is the meet point it may be a bit too far but depends where it is

Si - 27/8/08 at 06:06 PM

Alisidora pub is in Bishop Burton (nearest village west of Beverley), about 47miles from Doncaster centre.

kipper - 28/8/08 at 07:44 AM

Sorry lads I can't make it .
I go in to castle hill hospital for my angiogram Wed morning and will be a bit sore for a couple of days.
Have a beer for me.
Kipper.

tul214 - 28/8/08 at 03:20 PM

I will be there

jacko - 28/8/08 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kipper
Sorry lads I can't make it .
I go in to castle hill hospital for my angiogram Wed morning and will be a bit sore for a couple of days.
Have a beer for me.
Kipper.

Dennis good luck for wednesday hope all is ok see you soon
Graham

tim windmill - 29/8/08 at 08:04 AM

but who's fault is it that the car is smashed in?

Si - 29/8/08 at 10:21 AM

Tim, you have not given us the gory details yet. Come on, what happened?
Simon

kipper - 29/8/08 at 02:25 PM

Tim
I had reports of a seven type car in the ditch near Beeford last week.
I Hope it wasn't yours????
If so I hope your ok.
Regards Kipper .

tim windmill - 30/8/08 at 09:53 AM

Hi Kipper, no that was not me, hope the that one is ok, just waitng for insurance to be sorted to see what my next plan of action will be.

roadrunner - 30/8/08 at 06:17 PM

Come on Tim what happened.
I will pencil in wednesday or thursday, lets hope the weather is better this time.

sonic - 30/8/08 at 06:23 PM

Can a bloke with a Pug go again??
I might have my rack of bike carbs fitted by then.

sonic - 30/8/08 at 06:23 PM

Can a bloke with a Pug go again??
I might have my rack of bike carbs fitted by then.

Si - 30/8/08 at 09:46 PM

I think the more the better, hell, we all like driving that's why we are on this forum.
Just bring some nice weather.

Anyone any other ideas of where they would like to take a drive or are we just going to take a vote on the night.

jacko - 31/8/08 at 07:09 PM

Just looked at the weather forecast for wed 3rd RAIN ALL DAY

Si - 1/9/08 at 07:51 AM

Thursday is supposed to be better but maybe too early to call.
I agree Wednesday is likely to be wet so we aught to plum for Thursday.
I think everyone has said this day would be ok.

davidinhull - 1/9/08 at 11:28 AM

Thursday was always better for me!
hopefully the weather will behave

chris james - 1/9/08 at 01:19 PM

Hi Chaps. New to the Locost site. Recently got my Tiger Super 6 on the road. Will hopefully be there on thursday if i can get the night off work - unfortunately had to miss the last 2 due to work and illness. Also how do i insert an avatar on my profile? 23082008207

[Edited on 1/9/08 by chris james]

[Edited on 1/9/08 by chris james]

jacko - 1/9/08 at 03:38 PM

Hi Chris and welcome to the site
Hope to meet you on Thursday if the weather is ok
Jacko

sonic - 1/9/08 at 05:22 PM

Thursday is ok for me,why does mine and yours repeat its self twice Graham?

Do we know where we are going on Thursday yet?

jacko - 1/9/08 at 08:40 PM

Sorry lads but the Metcheck says more rain on Thursday then Wednesday

Si - 2/9/08 at 07:49 AM

Graham, must have updated it again as Metcheck reports no rain for Thursday evening. I guess we will get what we get. Friday's rain anyway so if its chucking it down then we'll just have to postpone for another week.
Positive thinking - its going to be a glorious evening !!

repper - 2/9/08 at 07:21 PM

so it thursday night the 4th off sept at 7.30 ish at the Altisitora pub at bishop burton ye

Si - 3/9/08 at 07:49 AM

I think we should aim for 7pm if possible otherwise we'll end up doing some of the driving back in the dark since the nights seem to be drawing in.
No commects yet as to were we are going to have a drive out to so its a vote on the night.
If anyone wants to swap mobile numbers send me a U2U incase you may be running late.

tul214 - 3/9/08 at 01:20 PM

Si

I agree, I was going to suggest 6.30/7 ish too.

I think that we should have a route organised before we meet or we will end up thinking about it for an hour and not get anywhere

Any suggestions

P.S. Hope everything went ok Dennis

[Edited on 3/9/08 by tul214]

[Edited on 3/9/08 by tul214]

davidinhull - 3/9/08 at 01:55 PM

6:30 works for me as I can come straight from work - does mean I have to make a decision on the weather in the morning
7:00 means I can just about nip home and get the car after work making a last minute decision on the rain
-essentially I need to know the meet time tonight so I can work out which car to go to work in tomorrow?

jacko - 3/9/08 at 03:39 PM

Sorry lads i dont think i can get now some thing has come up
Jacko

Si - 3/9/08 at 04:16 PM

I think if we aim to set off from the Pub at 7pm. Anyone that can get there before, do so.

roadrunner - 3/9/08 at 04:29 PM

i can be there for seven, but not before.

davidinhull - 3/9/08 at 04:49 PM

weather permitting I will be there for 7 at the latest

chris james - 3/9/08 at 05:36 PM

weather permitting i can be there easily in time as im not at work. if we want a bite to eat we could make our way to wetwang for fish and chips (very good) and then on to brid maybe if the coast idea is still on - or does that sound too far. or a shorter blast from the pub to hornsea through tickton/seaton that way and eat when we get there - OR we could stay at home and keep dry!

repper - 3/9/08 at 06:14 PM

weather permitting ill be there at 7ish and ill try to keep up on the run out
is this the right place http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub3851.html

[Edited on 3/9/08 by repper]

Si - 3/9/08 at 06:43 PM

repper, yep that's the place. With a V8 viento I'm sure you'll be fine, I don't think we are certifiable yet.

Chris, two good routes, see what the weather has in store for us and I think that will decide how far we go.

Just looking forward to getting out anywhere.

chris james - 3/9/08 at 07:32 PM

was it you si that i passed a few weeks back on a sunday morning on hull road in cottingham. Your car looks familiar. i was in my yellow tiger

[Edited on 3/9/08 by chris james]

Si - 4/9/08 at 07:36 AM

Chris, yes it was me, seen you a couple of times, last time it looked like you turned into the Cottingham tennis club - were you going there or is that the back way to your house?

Anyway, hope to meet you tonight.

chris james - 4/9/08 at 09:40 AM

Weather not looking too bad from about 4pm onwards. Bit cloudy but no showers showing

repper - 4/9/08 at 04:38 PM

ill be there but in the kid carryer as pick above
no engine in my viento

Si - 5/9/08 at 07:54 AM

Great to meet everyone last night and a great drive, all be it rather cool when it was dark.
I'll post a pic as soon as I get chance.
Brad, saw you flash your lights a couple of times on the way home. Where you trying to bring something to my attention?
I only saw Brad at Beverley so hope everyone got home in one piece.

tul214 - 5/9/08 at 08:52 AM

Si,

Where did you get to?

Something came up at home so could not make it this time.

I have booked a pass out for Sunday- going to Cadwell to watch the racing if anyone wants a ride out?

davidinhull - 5/9/08 at 09:45 AM

Hi

Enjoyed the run out last night, think I need to look at new headlights as well as brake lights, I struggled to catch back up after dropping back coz visability was atrocious
PS in the dark I notice flames spitting out of my exhaust on the overrun, should I be amused as I was last night or alarmed and trying to do something about it?

chris james - 5/9/08 at 10:40 AM

be amused david its just un burnt fuel burning off if your car is running a bit ritch on fuel. Good evening was had by me. good to meet you guys and i hope to be able to do it again soon if my shifts will let me. cant believe how lucky we were with the weather - look at it today!!!

[Edited on 5/9/08 by chris james]

Si - 5/9/08 at 10:58 AM

Mark, we went to Wetwang, where the picture was taken and then on to Bridlington front before going to a pub just as you leave Brid before returning home.
Great night if chilly in the dark.