Board logo

Am I missing Summat
paulbeyer - 27/7/02 at 08:08 PM

Since when has Westfield been spelt W***field? or W*******d? Is this a Mcbeth thing where it is unlucky to mention the name before going on stage?

Don't mention Westfield before finishing your car.

Dick Axtell - 28/7/02 at 07:58 PM

Don't knock these guys; they are a source of useful 2hand bits ('cos they're always spending their dosh on the latest factory gizmo).

Dick

Metal Hippy™ - 28/7/02 at 08:57 PM

It's not so much knocking them..

It's more...

Giving them a bit of a prod.

paulbeyer - 28/7/02 at 09:30 PM

There you go its even happened to me. Chris are you abreviating every instance of Westfield into a boat load of ***********'s? If so why?

Westfield
Caterham
Robin Hood
Tiger
Dax Rush
Westfield
Locust
MK Indy
Westfield

Just testing a theory.

What the FCUK is wrong with the word Westfield? Come on someone put me out of my misery.

(I have typed in full every instance of the word West-field but the system is censoring me, why?)

Metal Hippy™ - 28/7/02 at 10:29 PM

Personal vendetta?

Although a serious point does arise...

Why not ban all the other types as well as Westfield?

Or do you REALLY not like them in particular Chris?

ChrisW - 14/8/02 at 12:20 PM

I think it rose from a converstation a while back where people were putting *'s in the car's names themselves. Oh, and I wanted to prove the censor function worked.

Chris

bob - 14/8/02 at 06:51 PM

West field

bob - 14/8/02 at 06:54 PM

Oh dear i've blown it,everyone will be swearing and west fielding now

merlin - 14/8/02 at 07:24 PM

I have to say that the W e s t f i e l d lot are quite a nice bunch! If any censoring should be done it should be Caterham! seing as they are the ones dead against any copy of the seven or use of term on a non caterham car! W e s t f i e l d even invited me to take my Locost to their track day , any other sevens welcome. The only thing I do agree with is their horrendous price structure!

johnston - 14/8/02 at 07:32 PM

dont get many 7 drivers over here full stop but any ive seen on road have been westies and have been polite enuff
but from wot i can gather the catrham as a company are stuck up wanker's were as westie is ok but overpriced the only thing i have against westfield is they push the whole in house building too much i think and take the kit out of the kit car bit

but then i dont have any 1st hand experiance bein over here and wot not

p.s, got a letter from westie inviting me to their workshop a sorta any day anytime thing has any1 here went??

ChrisW - 14/8/02 at 07:59 PM

Ok then... shall I remove the censor then?

Chris

merlin - 14/8/02 at 09:57 PM

Have been to a W e s t f i e l d open day, proved quite interresting. Loadsa stuff for sale (some seconds at reasonable prices). Bought a few bits through the shop and quite proudly announced they were for a Locost and the guy was very helpful, a very unbias attitude I thought! Worth a trip if you have the time..

johnston - 15/8/02 at 08:56 PM

thinkin bout goin over for a run watch a few races and pic up a few things mayb for my vintage collection