Board logo

I like the new logo
mookaloid - 13/4/10 at 07:30 AM

the old one was ok too but this one is more up to date

carpmart - 13/4/10 at 07:31 AM

Me too!

Just need some T Shirts and car stickers now!

balidey - 13/4/10 at 07:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
Me too!

They're in the Shop section already.

I like the new logo, but for the life of me I can't remember what the old one was like. I think my brain is going

carpmart - 13/4/10 at 07:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by balidey
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
Me too!

They're in the Shop section already.

I like the new logo, but for the life of me I can't remember what the old one was like. I think my brain is going

Oh yes so they are!

I've selected a couple but can't checkout and pay?

lotusmadandy - 13/4/10 at 07:38 AM

I also like the new logo but can't access
the shop section

Edit.. Yes i can

Andy

[Edited on 13/4/10 by lotusmadandy]

richardh - 13/4/10 at 07:39 AM

^^^^^^same

balidey - 13/4/10 at 07:49 AM

So is the 'logo' car a Locost, Westfield, Caterham, other?

fesycresy - 13/4/10 at 07:54 AM

What did the old logo look like ?

6 years on the forum and I can't picture it

Caterham will be on the phone

coozer - 13/4/10 at 07:55 AM

Nice..... like the logo and finally in the shop to find... nothing I fancy

David Jenkins - 13/4/10 at 07:56 AM

I've got to make my mind up about colours now... and get a tape-measure out! (oooer!)

As for the car in the logo - it's suitably general-purpose seven-alike for most folk...

Daddylonglegs - 13/4/10 at 08:00 AM

Yep, like the Logo. Pointless makinig us all misreable about the shop though 'cos you have to be 'special' to get in

tomgregory2000 - 13/4/10 at 08:05 AM

i like it too
and i can get in the shop

sebastiaan - 13/4/10 at 08:09 AM

It's a mythical day; the shop has opened! ;-)

Liking the new logo too, it's a c*terham right? (forward leaning rollbar and high-up headlights hint in that direction...)

David Jenkins - 13/4/10 at 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Yep, like the Logo. Pointless makinig us all misreable about the shop though 'cos you have to be 'special' to get in

Have you tried today?

couch22k - 13/4/10 at 08:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs

I often get told im a 'special boy'

skinned knuckles - 13/4/10 at 08:22 AM

the new logo is going to cause me problems. until now, whenever i was on the site, swmbo thought it was work related (i'm in the building trade) but now when she pops her head over my shoulder she will see the outline of a 7 alike

so far have managed to keep the build very quiet

ChrisW - 13/4/10 at 08:28 AM

The old logo was a bigger version of the one that appears on the bottom of every page. I'll probably get rid of that one too later today, so take a look now if you want to.

I wrote the first bits of the shop last night, hence why you can see products, sizes, etc. I'll try to finish it tonight so that you can actually order, then I'll be ready to accept the first batch of pre-orders. Hoping to have them all out to you in time for Stoneleigh!

Hope you've all also noticed the reduced price. Saved a little by not having any samples produced (as per this thread). I might be able to get another quid off the price yet, pending outcome of negotiations today.

Cheers, Chris

MK9R - 13/4/10 at 09:05 AM

Looks great!!! I now want the same with a Fury to put down the side of my bus!!!!

[Edited on 13/4/10 by MK9R]

boggle - 13/4/10 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
The old logo was a bigger version of the one that appears on the bottom of every page. I'll probably get rid of that one too later today, so take a look now if you want to.

I wrote the first bits of the shop last night, hence why you can see products, sizes, etc. I'll try to finish it tonight so that you can actually order, then I'll be ready to accept the first batch of pre-orders. Hoping to have them all out to you in time for Stoneleigh!

Hope you've all also noticed the reduced price. Saved a little by not having any samples produced (as per this thread). I might be able to get another quid off the price yet, pending outcome of negotiations today.

Cheers, Chris

are we free to order????

Daddylonglegs - 13/4/10 at 09:10 AM

Chris,

Does this mean that we can now all access the shop?

I'd like to get me and the boss one each of those T-Shirts.

JB

ChrisW - 13/4/10 at 09:26 AM

I'll let you in on a secret: the shop never existed until last night

You can't order yet, simply because I've not finished writing the code to let you do it. But hopefully I'll get a chance to do it later today/this evening.

Chris

imp paul - 13/4/10 at 10:42 AM

i love the new look nice 1

scudderfish - 13/4/10 at 11:04 AM

Digging through archive.org, I found these old logos

Daddylonglegs - 13/4/10 at 11:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I'll let you in on a secret: the shop never existed until last night
Chris

You little Tinker!

MakeEverything - 13/4/10 at 11:38 AM

Are the photos on the front, back or both?

Any Beanie Hats planned?

boggle - 13/4/10 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Are the photos on the front, back or both?

Any Beanie Hats planned?

dont you mean gimp masks???

SeaBass - 13/4/10 at 03:15 PM

The logo is basically this image:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2008/bc/2008-Caterham-Seven-Superlight-R500-Side-1280x960.jpg

Modified into a two tone logo. It's therefore a Caterham.

Not sure who did the Photoshop though.

ChrisW - 13/4/10 at 03:23 PM

The logo was hand drawn, I have it as a vector. I did provide a photo taken at Stoneleigh (of a Caterham, yes!) for them to work from, but it does look like they might have found a different one.

Either way, as far as I'm concerned it's an independant drawing taken from a photo in the public domain. If Caterham think they've grounds to object they're welcome to drop me a line.

Chris

Liam - 14/4/10 at 10:41 AM

You can tell it's a Cat from the forward-slanted roll bar

He's lying about the shop of course, to make you all feel better. Gullible fools. I've had access since day 1 - was a special privilege extended to the first 30 members. Some incredible stuff in there over the years.

Fozzie - 14/4/10 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
......He's lying about the shop of course, to make you all feel better. Gullible fools. I've had access since day 1 - was a special privilege extended to the first 30 members. Some incredible stuff in there over the years.......

Spot on Liam!!!!!!...

I am really pleased that Chris has opened 'access to everyone' for part of the shop though....it's only fair

Glad you have enjoyed your bargains over the years...

Fozzie

Liam - 14/4/10 at 09:14 PM

Huh, Fozzie? I thought the last Shop Special Announcement said that it wasn't going to be made public that the new all members access was only to part of the Shop? Oh well, it's out now Ho ho!

Of course when I say 'part of the Shop' - it's really a new shop, sort of a sub-shop. Not really part of the Shop at all. That will remain as before with the same membership policy in place as far as I understand.

The T-shirts (and polo shirts, sweaters and blazers) in the proper Shop are quite something, eh Fozzie?

Fozzie - 14/4/10 at 10:23 PM

Liam..... you are correct...
it is only part access to all.......

The 'special' bit is still 'as was' don't worry

Chris had to write special code yesterday, to make sure the two remained separate, so yes, it is a 'new' shop, and completely different from the exclusive shop.

The stuff I saw at Race Retro was ace, and hopefully will be in stock soon......

Fozzie

ps I was not at all convinced about the blazers at first, but they did sell pretty well....very 'Prisoner' (I am not a number I am a free man...Patrick McGoohan)....IMHO