Board logo

F.A.O. 'theduck'
Confused but excited. - 8/12/12 at 09:18 PM

Well Stuart it's been a while now and I would apreciate some form of contact.
I paid you on the 30th of October for the brackets + postage + Paypal fees and despite sending U2Us and e-mail, have not had either the brackets or the courtesy of a reply.

[Edited on 8/12/12 by Confused but excited.]

umgrybab - 8/12/12 at 09:33 PM

You should be able to get a refund because you paid through paypal. If you go to "the resolution centre" and "open a dispute". You should do it sharpish as they limit the time to open a dispute. Once a dispute is open you can request a refund and if there is no reply within 20 days your money is automatically refunded.

Confused but excited. - 8/12/12 at 09:49 PM

No can do.
Playing the white man, I sent it as a gift so that he would not be debited any commission by Paypal. So I paid the £0.71p fees.
No mechanism for snatchback on gifts.
Be warned!
Otherwise you can claim back for up to 45 days.

Ben_Copeland - 8/12/12 at 09:51 PM

Last active: 16/11/12 at 19:56

Confused but excited. - 8/12/12 at 10:07 PM

Well the avatar cheered me up Ben, thanks.

Wheels244 - 9/12/12 at 12:13 AM

Why do people do things like this ?

I bought a chassis off some one on here - promised to send me built up picture of the chassis, with bodywork, wishbone mounts etc - also promised to provide supportadvice via email - does't respond to U2U's or emails.

Oh, and it was the person linked to Kit Car Crisis - the chassis provider - Paul if you're reading this, I'll happily delete my posting if you get in touch.

blakep82 - 9/12/12 at 01:03 AM

its weird isn't it?

i was looking for a header tank ages ago, and someone on here offered to make one, cool, so design sorted, and paid £40 for it, then he disappeared off of everywhere, managed to get a hold of him once, he said he'd sent it, which he hadn't, so said he'd make another, and then properly disappeared. managed to get my money back via Fozzie on here (she had some contact with him for something), but why do that for the sake of £40? i mean making off with £400 you'd sort see the point, but 40 quid is hardly worth it

PAUL FISHER - 9/12/12 at 03:02 AM

I always find this is the one most honest forums on the net, some real good guys and girls on here, I am sure there must good reason something has gone wrong here, it could be Stuarts ill, or on holiday, Ive never had a problem , either selling or buying things on here over many years, ive even sent Stuart "theduck" a piece of silicon hose in the past F.O.C, which I had offered to someone else on here, but they had already got one sorted, I am sure/hope he is one of us good guys, and all will be sorted in the end

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

Confused but excited. - 9/12/12 at 03:40 PM

Initially I wasn't bothered, because 'andyace' on here, said he was a straight guy and only lived around the corner from him and that he would contact him for me.
Not heard anything since from either of them.
I am prepaired to accept that there could be a perfectly legit reason for this; illness, family bereavement or just his 'puter broke and if this is the case, then no worries, I can wait.
It's just the lack of contact tends to frustrate one. Then one can get a bit pi55ed off.

theduck - 1/1/13 at 10:15 PM

Apologies I have not replied to this thread sooner, I had not seen it and Andy has just told me about it. I did send you a u2u yesterday explaining I had not been online in sometime and enquiring as to if you had received these or not as I had just seen your messages.

I assume they have still not arrived and once you confirm will refund you in full and will try to investigate with the courier for you also as I know they arent exactly common parts.

theduck - 5/1/13 at 04:14 PM

I would just like to confirm that as the items have not arrived, and as I have been unable to rectify the matter with the courier a full refund including the paypal fees incurred has been made.