Board logo

Building blues....
Damon Hill - 7/6/05 at 09:43 PM

It's warped slightly at the front, it's now at a bit of an upward angle.... oh god, I think my head's going to burst through sheer frustration...

JoelP - 7/6/05 at 10:19 PM

it doesnt matter mate, just ensure it is properly triangulated and adjust the suspension brackets to compensate if possible. mine is worse, i promise!

Damon Hill - 8/6/05 at 12:02 AM

Thanks JP, I feel a bit better now. The problem with this project, is that you start with no experience (when you need it), and you end by having loads of experience (when you don't need it).

I'm going to lie down now, my head hurts...

David Jenkins - 8/6/05 at 07:16 AM

I can only tell you what someone said to me when I worried about the curve on my chassis...

Take your ordinary car (any ordinary car) and park it on level ground. Then take a tape-measure and check the heights of components on each side. You will be AMAZED at the difference!

rgds,
David

Alan B - 8/6/05 at 12:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Damon Hill
....... The problem with this project, is that you start with no experience (when you need it), and you end by having loads of experience (when you don't need it). ...........

What a great quote....how true it is....about many things....

James - 8/6/05 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Damon Hill
It's warped slightly at the front, it's now at a bit of an upward angle.... oh god, I think my head's going to burst through sheer frustration...

If it's banana'd along it's length then welding a steel floor in may help pull it flat again.
Or maybe too much the other way!

Cheers,
James

Mark Allanson - 8/6/05 at 07:37 PM

Warping up at the front will just add to you castor angle (ideal!). Most road cars are acurate to +/- 4mm so don't worry, especially as you have adjustable suspension and they don't