Board logo

jacking points
raccoonradar - 13/12/05 at 11:18 PM

just a quick one, need to refurb the wheels on my lowcost, where is the best place to jack & place surport the front end ? at the min i had to use the bottom arms to jack [fingers ends in mouth waiting for cracking noises] and using blocks of wood under arms near bottom ball joints once wheels off . is this ok for it to stand like this for a while. had use this method due to lack of space in the garage & jack not fitting anywhere near under front end !

Triton - 13/12/05 at 11:21 PM

Steve,
What you need is one of those quick lifter things for race cars.....whoooosh and it's up. Ideal for 7's front or rear

Triton - 13/12/05 at 11:22 PM

Seats on their way by the way

Peteff - 14/12/05 at 12:05 AM

I just jack where the sides straighten out and lift both wheels on one side at a time without any problems, never heard any cracking noises yet. If you do the front then the rear I'd think you'd be stressing the chassis more.

Messenjah - 14/12/05 at 08:17 AM

an airbag jack would be a good idea get a landy mag theyre always for sale in there

RazMan - 14/12/05 at 08:36 AM

Preferably use a pair of trestles to bring the car to a workable height - safe and secure and saves your back

raccoonradar - 14/12/05 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenjah
an airbag jack would be a good idea get a landy mag theyre always for sale in there

Good idea! think I will get one for next time. Wheels off & in bodyshop this morning (Boss is off today )
PS to Mark, I keep running to the window like a kid waiting for it to snow
going now must go & check the window