Board logo

wishbone tubes
theconrodkid - 27/5/06 at 07:28 AM

anyone here use lolocost wishbone tubes on their bones?
the crush tubes are 46mm long and no-one seems to make the chassis brackets they fit into.
life is too short to make them all by hand,this is seioursly holding me up now

t.j. - 27/5/06 at 07:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
anyone here use lolocost wishbone tubes on their bones?
the crush tubes are 46mm long and no-one seems to make the chassis brackets they fit into.
life is too short to make them all by hand,this is seioursly holding me up now

Why don't you use 50x3x40 U-profile to make your brackets?

Peteff - 27/5/06 at 08:54 AM

50-(3+3)=44. That's probably why. Lolocost bushes are a different size as well, taking a 10mm bolt instead of the usual 12mm used by the other manufacturers and are made of harder material. I bought a set off someone to use as pedal bushes etc. but I am using the larger ones for my wishbones. You could use two separate ends welded on "| |" instead of a "U" bracket to make life easier.

omega 24 v6 - 27/5/06 at 09:30 AM

I did but all the tubes and crush tubes were faced up on a lathe first. I knew before I got them I'd need to do this so not so bad news for me.
I'd advise anyone to source their bushes before making and fitting brackets as the all seem to be different sizes/bores.
Good luck
Gary

theconrodkid - 27/5/06 at 08:48 PM

tried to make some brackets,got bored and had a cuppa instead

Viper - 27/5/06 at 09:25 PM

Do me a sketch John and i will knock you some up....

t.j. - 27/5/06 at 09:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
50-(3+3)=44. That's probably why. Lolocost bushes are a different size as well, taking a 10mm bolt instead of the usual 12mm used by the other manufacturers and are made of harder material. I bought a set off someone to use as pedal bushes etc. but I am using the larger ones for my wishbones. You could use two separate ends welded on "| |" instead of a "U" bracket to make life easier.

Got me there with the measurements.

I'm gonna use the bushes from a peugeot 205 lower wishbonesfront. It's about 33 mm long, 10 mm hole. See picture:

I'm planning to drill the 10 mm up to 12 mm. Is it nessary?? Or put a bolt M10 class 10.9 into and don't drill?
Whoeps: all my 50 brackets already drilled at 12mm. so don't bother. All bushes will be 12mm.

brackets
brackets

[Edited on 27/5/06 by t.j.]

[Edited on 27/5/06 by t.j.]

theconrodkid - 28/5/06 at 07:01 AM

cheers for the offer Tim,you have mail

Viper - 1/6/06 at 05:11 PM

brackets done mate....

theconrodkid - 2/6/06 at 05:32 AM

way hey,cheers mate,ill mail you for payment details

Viper - 13/6/06 at 04:11 PM

Sorry for the delay John, bin a bit manic here, parts posted today.....
hopeyou like em.

theconrodkid - 13/6/06 at 08:45 PM

no worries then

theconrodkid - 15/6/06 at 05:33 PM

brackets arrived today,they are truly a work of art,if anyone needs these brackets i would recomend viper for them.
cheers again Tim.

caber - 15/6/06 at 09:19 PM

I bought lolocost tubes and bushes, unfortunately the production variation on the bushes, external tubes and crush tubes are so wide that I gave up with the external tubes and crush tubes and I am making new ones to fit using the bushes , though I m having to face some of these to make them all fit in a reasonable tolerance, ±0.5 mm. Cheap is cheap!

Caber

bebot - 21/6/06 at 08:55 PM

Cool brackets dude, how much is a set?

theconrodkid - 22/6/06 at 04:34 PM

dunno,i bought some other stuff as well,send viper a mail and find out,you wont be dissapointed