Board logo

STD vs +442
kango - 2/4/07 at 04:28 AM

I want to build a +442, but have never seen one in real life.
Has anybody got a photo to see the comparison. One photo with both cars form the front and the side and the back?

wilkingj - 2/4/07 at 05:15 PM

On the left is the Luego Viento, which is +6" wider, +4" taller, and +12" longer. ie its a LOT bigger. The one on the right is a Luego Velocity, Its very slightly taller than a Locost (+2" taller to take the pinto engine)

A Mc Sorley +442 is somewhere in between

I have a Viento, and love it. However, I am a Bat F'stard, so the extra size is useful. Also the Engine bay is HUGE. Will take Small Block Chevvy V8, or the BMW 6 Cylinder jobs, should have put a 5.0Litre M5 engine in mine

I have a Rover V8 in mine, and there is almost 18" spare space between the engine and the Radiator!

Have a look in my Archive for more Pics.
Viento Versus Velocity (Size)
Viento Versus Velocity (Size)

scutter - 6/4/07 at 05:38 AM

Martins (cheffy) chassis is a 442 here it along side my book car, it should give you a rough idea.

Cheffy's chassis 2
Cheffy's chassis 2

ATB Dan

Cheffy - 6/4/07 at 12:20 PM

Dan beat me to it!

Martin.

907 - 6/4/07 at 01:10 PM

You don't have to build a +442.

Mine is a +4, that's 4" wider. Book length and book height.
I suppose that's a +400

The reasons are, that my engine lays over at 45 deg, so it's wide but not high. I've used
Sierra drive shafts (uncut) and I like the idea of elbow room between driver and passenger.

I didn't realise the Viento was THAT big.

+12 6 4, Wow. That's almost an HGV

I'll expect a comment from Geoff now, (and a few more).

Paul G

kango - 6/4/07 at 06:02 PM

Thanks
I was hoping for something with a body.

Want to see the proportions.

I had some comments that it is "ugly" and thought the fact that all 3 dimensions had been changed it would look just like the Book car.

wilkingj - 8/4/07 at 09:29 AM

What ever you build, it will attract attention. Purely down to there not being many of them about.

I wouldnt worry about it. A lot will depend on the shape you make the body and in particular the nosecone.

wilkingj - 8/4/07 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 907
I've used
Sierra drive shafts (uncut) and I like the idea of elbow room between driver and passenger.

I didn't realise the Viento was THAT big.

+12 6 4, Wow. That's almost an HGV

I'll expect a comment from Geoff now, (and a few more).
Paul G

OK.. here goes with the Comments

I like the Elbow room too. I dont like having to cut all my spanners in half and having my wrists and arms broken and then re-set so I can work in confined spaces, like I did when I was a youngster with a Mini Cooper (A real one, not the BMW thing).

As for HGV... its only 700 odd Kg's. (No BIG Block Chevvy for me)
I prefer to look at it as being a "Larger Vehicle" for "The more generously proportioned gentlemen"