Board logo

GTS Panther
woodstaff - 14/8/07 at 02:42 PM

Hello all
I am new to this forum and kit cars generally. I am considering building a 7 style (or maybe some other bike engined car) I have spent months looking at cars and build sites so far, I am now looking at a GTS Panther, could anyone point me to some build sites so that I could get a better idea of the construction.
Many thanks in advance

graememk - 14/8/07 at 02:57 PM

theres one for sale atm

twybrow - 14/8/07 at 03:22 PM

Look seriously into the issues with GTS before you get too excited. If you order it today, you may get some parts next year (if you are lucky)!

speedyxjs - 14/8/07 at 03:44 PM

Why don't you build your own and go locost. You could even use a jag engine

Macbeast - 14/8/07 at 03:57 PM

http://gtslocost/locostsites.co.uk is a good one.

locoboy - 14/8/07 at 04:59 PM

Have a look in my archive and see some of mine.

If you want any specific ones i will have a trawl through my PC and see what i have got.

Its a nice well made kit, Just make sure you get everything in one go and you wont go far wrong.

Alternatively buy mine!

andyharding - 14/8/07 at 05:35 PM

2nd looking into the customer service issues with GTS

Bacon2002 - 14/8/07 at 07:12 PM

Hi,
I have read lots about GTS and the service Darren is infamous for however I have found him to be a genuine and helpfull guy.
I ordered a GTS Panther Deluxe kit in on the 14th May 07, at the time of ordering Darren explained it would take 6 to 8 weeks. He delivered it in person on the 18th July 07.
Not bad at all and from what I have ready probably a lot better than many other companies.
The kit appear to be high quality and well made and importantly the GTS forum here is very helpfull and friendly.
I would recommend calling Darren and explaining to him that having read feedback on the web and you have reservations, see what he says, thats what I did and he was very open about the subject.
I am very happy with GTS that said clearly some people have had problems but from what I understand the kit car industry is mostly made up of small firms most of which seem to have supply problems from time to time.
I hope this helps,
David

damien - 14/8/07 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bacon2002
Hi,
I have read lots about GTS and the service Darren is infamous for however I have found him to be a genuine and helpfull guy.
I ordered a GTS Panther Deluxe kit in on the 14th May 07, at the time of ordering Darren explained it would take 6 to 8 weeks. He delivered it in person on the 18th July 07.
Not bad at all and from what I have ready probably a lot better than many other companies.
The kit appear to be high quality and well made and importantly the GTS forum here is very helpfull and friendly.
I would recommend calling Darren and explaining to him that having read feedback on the web and you have reservations, see what he says, thats what I did and he was very open about the subject.
I am very happy with GTS that said clearly some people have had problems but from what I understand the kit car industry is mostly made up of small firms most of which seem to have supply problems from time to time.
I hope this helps,
David

its nice to see some good feedback for a change about GTS