Board logo

Deanfield Motorsport
chris280 - 2/1/04 at 07:52 PM

Hello all.
I am toying with the idea of building a locost in a few months time. I have been looking at the various people out there manufacturing components for these cars and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Deanfield. There doesn't seem to be much mention of them on these forums. Anyone seen the quality of their chassis?
Any comments would be welcome.
Cheers
Chris.

theconrodkid - 2/1/04 at 08:20 PM

never heard of them,MK and LUEGO are on a well troden path and well priced,why not have a look at them?

Hugh Paterson - 2/1/04 at 09:33 PM

Chris, Graham at Deanfield motorsport has been around sports and racing cars for many moons, his cars are good quality for the price I have paid him a visit in the past couple of months, if u talked to some of the people in the know in the North and Northern Ireland, I think he would get the thumbs up. I think he has about 9 race 7's currently running in NI and some in the Scottish series
His services include pre SVA preperation/testing, turnkey, kits and saloon cars and track setup/backup. I had a chat with him a couple of weeks ago and had a look at a couple of his cars, good quality welding and jigs, nice line in fabricated uprights capable of handling 250 bhp + and at the right price too. He is going to a couple of the Southern shows in 2004, nowt wrong with his Grp either.
Cheers
Shug

dozracing - 3/1/04 at 09:49 PM

Deanfield Motorsport is old Triton designs. They bought them a year or so ago.

The GRP is still done by Triton. The T in the model name refers to Triton.

Kind regards,

Darren