Board logo

MASSIVE thanks, firstly to my dad and also Danny, Steve, and Chris from MK for an awesome day out at Cadwell Park!
eznfrank - 7/12/08 at 07:08 PM

Ok bit of background first. It was my 30th birthday on Thursday and my Indy (ZX12) was my present to myself but I bought it back in March so it would be done (ish) for next year. When I bought it my dad said that he wanted to pay for me a track day in a 7 type car to get a bit of a feel for it.

Ok, second thing you should know is the quickest car I've ever driven was probably my Mini Cooper S (BMW) and I currently have an Alfa 147 2.0TS. I've never driven a 7 before let alone a BEC and in fact the only time I've ever even been in one before was about a mile and a half in the snow with Danny Keenan at the wheel.

Anyways, a few weeks back my dad contacted MK (Unbeknown to me) and they agreed to supply a GSXR powered car for a track day at Cadwell Park today. Apparently MK are thinking of offering this kind of service in the future and decided this would be a good opportunity to try it out.

So, arrived at 7.30 ish and....ICE....lots of ICE but soon thawed out enough for me to get a few good sighting laps with Steve Keenan giving me guidance then a few full speed laps with me driving. I knew BEC's were quick but I kind of never really experienced it before. Then he took my dad out who's similar in experience to me and thought it was awesome.

Then after a spot of lunch I got a good few more runs interspersed with some very quick laps as a passenger alongside Danny Keenan who really demonstrated the cars capabilities especially given the conditions.

Managed to not make too much of a t1t of myself although I did spin and struggled to start again on the hill (my sincere apologies if you were there today and saw me sat sideways on the track!!)

All in all a brilliant day out and thoroughly recommended for anyone looking to buy a car or perhaps re-ignite their enthusiasm for the build. Not sure how much it cost as it was a present from my dad but he said it was roughly the same cost as a red letter Caterham track day for 2.

Again not sure if the MK guys are going to actively promote it (perhaps not after taking me out!!!) but a fantastic day.

Thanks again fellas.

JoelP - 7/12/08 at 07:10 PM

awesome

jacko - 7/12/08 at 07:15 PM

That was a VERY nice birthday prezzie from your Dad
Graham

dubstar_04 - 8/12/08 at 07:58 AM

Double post sorry!!

[Edited on 8/12/08 by dubstar_04]