Board logo

do 13's fit?
Kriss - 20/2/09 at 12:52 PM

Have found some 13's that I like, but seem to recall you cant get a 13 wheel to clear the rear calipers?

I am sure I have standard xri4x4 rear brakes and calipers (disk)

James - 20/2/09 at 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kriss
Have found some 13's that I like, but seem to recall you cant get a 13 wheel to clear the rear calipers?

Not all 14s fit-let alone 13s! I have two sets of 14" Sierra wheels- one pair wouldn't fit over the XR4x4 rear!

Having said that, I have a feeling that someone did once say they'd found a set of 13s that would.
Can you borrow one of the ones you like from someone to test it maybe?

Cheers,
James

P.S. No apostrophe needed!

chockymonster - 20/2/09 at 03:44 PM

I have 13's on mine with no spacers and standard sierra rear brakes

Humbug - 20/2/09 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by Kriss

Not all 14s fit-let alone 13s! I have two sets of 14" Sierra wheels- one pair wouldn't fit over the XR4x4 rear!

Having said that, I have a feeling that someone did once say they'd found a set of 13s that would.
Can you borrow one of the ones you like from someone to test it maybe?

Cheers,
James

P.S. No apostrophe needed!

True, no apostrophe's needed

PAUL FISHER - 20/2/09 at 04:41 PM

Bit more info here.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=102809

Hellfire - 21/2/09 at 09:02 AM

ISTR - as a general rule 13" Steels will fit but most 13" alloys wont.

Steve

tootall - 21/2/09 at 10:40 PM

i have team dynamics pro race 1.2s in 13" from mac1 motorsport and all i did was take a coil off the spring and bend the handbrake leaver down a small bit i have 2.0 sierra front brakes and the bleed niple just needed 5 mm taking off end

Hellfire - 21/2/09 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tootall
i have team dynamics pro race 1.2s in 13" from mac1 motorsport and all i did was take a coil off the spring and bend the handbrake leaver down a small bit i have 2.0 sierra front brakes and the bleed niple just needed 5 mm taking off end

Can't say you didn't try then...

Steve

Kriss - 22/2/09 at 06:56 PM

i am bleeding my brakes soon with a mate. i really am not good with any of this stuff, so very nervous to tackle anything on my todd first time. will see what we can think up between ourself and how much room we can make.

cheers guys.

tootall - did you replace anything, or just bend and bugger what you had?