Board logo

MK INDY blade Gear Linkage help please
MAB - 1/8/04 at 09:38 PM

I'm building an MK indy blade - coming along nicely - until I attempted to put the MK gear linkage kit together - can't quite seem to figure out the best angles to use where the small rose joint connects onto the gear pin on the engine etc - has anyone got any detailed pictures of each part of the linkage that would help me please - I've searched a few photo archives but not found any specific pictures that help yet..... - thanks....

Mark.TextBlue

richardR1 - 1/8/04 at 09:58 PM

You could try Hellfire's build diary - usually a good point of reference.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/mkhellfire//build_diary/2003_12.htm

MAB - 1/8/04 at 10:47 PM

Thanks - yes I've had a look at Hellfire's - in fact I've printed the whole build diary off - very useful (thanks guys) - however I'm trying to see the linkage all connected close up if possible please - regards

MAB - 1/8/04 at 11:02 PM

Thanks Snoopy - diagram helps with the angle of the rose joints - I think I'm going to have to relocate my brake sender though!

Hellfire - 2/8/04 at 10:43 AM

If you require me to take more pictures, or search through the one's I haven't placed on the website - let me know.

<Steve>

MAB - 2/8/04 at 10:02 PM

Thanks Hellfire, - I've dropped you an email,

Regards, Mark

alister667 - 3/8/04 at 07:26 PM

Tell me, mine worked out so that when I press the gearstick forward go up the gears. Is that standard with the MK linkage or have I managed to get things arse about face??

Most folks I knowwith BECs have to pull back to go up.

I mounted my 'pivot bit' on the drivers side footwell.

Hellfire - 3/8/04 at 07:48 PM

Post Blade 893cc engines had a different box so if they're mounted the same way the stick has to go opposite ways.

Our 893 is 1 forward, 5 back.

alister667 - 3/8/04 at 10:11 PM

I didn't have a huge pile of room down there so I mounted it about the only easy way available. I think I had managed to put the fuel pump in the way or something.
Anyhow I'm used to it now - no point in changing! Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Ali