Board logo

MK Indy First pics - nearly finished!
MAB - 27/2/05 at 09:34 PM

All finished now with the exception of some of the wiring!

First pics of car now posted at following link:

http://www.markandclaire.co.uk/kit_car.htm

subk2002 - 27/2/05 at 09:39 PM

Looking good Have you had it out a spin yet

MAB - 27/2/05 at 09:44 PM

I wish I had! - I've unfortunately not finished the wiring yet, - just need to finish wiring the dash/switches and engine! - its not as easy as I thought it would be - I think its the combination of the:
Digidash, Savage Switches, Vicki Green loom and blade Loom. - its taking some working out but I'm struggling through!

Ben_Copeland - 27/2/05 at 09:45 PM

Dont forget all your SVA covers !

Nice car!

shortie - 27/2/05 at 10:01 PM

Mab,

Cars looking great, I've got almost the same switchgear and Digidash as you on a blade and have a wiring diagram I have drawn, you're more than welcome to a copy if it will help.

If you give me your email address I'll send a copy.

Rich.

Crazy Jay - 28/2/05 at 12:27 PM

Lookin great!! Where did u get ur dash? Is it real CF?

Mad Dave - 28/2/05 at 01:13 PM

I guess the dash is from Mac#1

MAB - 28/2/05 at 01:29 PM

Yes - the Dash pannel is from Mac#. Its a carbon fibre finish and is actually quite thick fibre glass - much stronger than others I've seen - Mark and Colin at Mac#1 were great and posted it to me to save another drive to Sheffield! It has a nice 19 mm radius at the bottom which should help at the SVA

Then I've modified the end of my tunnel - basically boxing it in to enclose all of the wires and support for the digidash behind.

The left and right hand side of the tunnel is made from 10/12 mm internal panel black plastic with the original MK triangular top of the tunnel then raised up parallel to the angle of the dash. I then bent the alluminium trim up the side and finished this behind the fibre glass dash.

Regards, Mark

OX - 28/2/05 at 02:35 PM

very nice