Board logo

Got My Kit At Last!!!
donut - 1/2/03 at 08:09 PM

Went up to MK today to collect my kit. It was a bit snowey when we set off but soon cleared. Big thanks to all at MK and Mac#1 Motorsport for helping us out with gear and advice. What a great day.

All i have to do now is work out how to put the damn thing together?????

What a great day!!

DEAN C. - 1/2/03 at 08:20 PM

Welcome to the club!
Life will never be the same.
You'll eat,sleep and dream about your Indy!
You'll bore everyone silly and constantly be saving for the next part.
But so what? when it's finished it will be YOUR car!
GOOD LUCK!
Dean..........

donut - 1/2/03 at 08:45 PM

Cheers Dean, much apreciated, however i DO eat, sleep and dream indy, i have bored everyone silly and have been saving like mad.. If you notice i have done about 240 posts without having the kit!!

Can't wait to start, 1st thing monday morning i'm going to put the floor on!

Cheers

Andy

fastenuff - 1/2/03 at 09:02 PM

Monday ????
wow I don't think i could wait that long

happy building

bob - 1/2/03 at 11:06 PM

Nice one Andy,we have an "indy owners club" in the making.
You can sign up at the hill tomorow,and design us a website

Jon Ison - 2/2/03 at 12:12 AM

good to see you got home safe..........pitty you could'nt stay to see the "I'm a go-cart racer so it won't frighten me" guys face when i took him out for a spin...........

te he............

donut - 2/2/03 at 08:31 AM

Bob- Sounds good to me! Can i be the club webmaster and bonker of all things female?

John- Wish we could have stayed longer but i had to get over to MAC#1 Motorsport to pick a load of bits up and get back home. We got home at 5:00 which was alot later that i had anticipated but at least i got back! Next time we meet you can try and scare me!!

Cheers

Andy
Box Hill MK Indy Owners Club Webmaster & top shagger!!

chrisg - 2/2/03 at 11:13 AM

Can I be in the Mk club, I haven't got one but I am an enthusiast of these fine mechano kits!

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 2/2/03 by chrisg]

mdc124 - 2/2/03 at 12:21 PM

MK/Indy "Owners" club - Hmmm In what sense does a 'builder' become an 'owner'?

Depending on the definition of 'owner' this could be either a very elite club, or a club for all the scrapyard owners in the country

Does the possession of an amount of box section steel and a few siezed car parts make you an owner ? In that case I've 'owned' one for years!!!

Metal Hippy™ - 2/2/03 at 12:42 PM

With all the minor tweaks and adjustments to their cars, does anyone really stop being a builder?

Metal Hippy™ - 2/2/03 at 12:49 PM

Oh yeah, congrats Donut mate...

Forgot that.

Jim - 2/2/03 at 02:48 PM

donut,

Are you still interested in those wheels or have you found some somewhere else

Cheers

Jim

donut - 2/2/03 at 03:38 PM

Hi Jim

Ahhhh!! So Sorry i meant to get back to you about the wheels but forgot in all the excitement. I have done a no money deal with a rather top company for some new wheels and tyres. Thanx anyway and sorry it took SO long to get back to you.

Thanks Metal Hippy

Cheers

Andy