Board logo

MK site re-vamp
bob - 28/3/03 at 07:20 PM

http://www.m-keenan.freeserve.co.uk

now that looks better

mad-butcher - 28/3/03 at 07:46 PM

nice one but I wish martin wouldn't put that reverse gear on with the amount of people copying his chassis won't be long before some B tries copying that.
Is the design your work PTM
Tony

auzziejim - 28/3/03 at 08:06 PM

now thats looking a whole lot better!

James

mdc124 - 28/3/03 at 08:09 PM

And I'm famous!

(never said handsome!)

locodude - 28/3/03 at 08:34 PM

No Tony, not guilty this time, although it is the work of someone on this list. No names no pack drill A few tweaks here and there and I think MK will have a decent site that will be updated on a regular basis.

auzziejim - 28/3/03 at 08:49 PM

well i need to sort out an overdraft and il get the deluxe kit! if not its the basic one for me!

James

bob - 28/3/03 at 10:21 PM

I think it needs a link to the owners club site too

Jon Ison - 29/3/03 at 01:00 AM

tanks look a bit "plasicky" though......

donut - 29/3/03 at 08:36 AM

Yep, i like it, i like it but PLEASE can you put on a link to the mk owners club site Chrisg.

Cheers

Matthew- Oooooh, suits you sir!

Andy

locodude - 29/3/03 at 04:40 PM

Yes you're all right, a link to thr MK Owners site and a better pic of those marvellous tanks. I'm sure I can russtle one up from somewhere.

MK9R - 29/3/03 at 06:42 PM

Is the black and silver the new demo?

locodude - 29/3/03 at 07:40 PM

No it belongs to a customer I'm afraid.

auzziejim - 29/3/03 at 08:51 PM

it looks bloody nice though! i might go for black myself as i saw a locost in black rip through my village today and it looked awesome.

Thats about the 5th colour change now i think! LOL

James

mdc124 - 29/3/03 at 09:42 PM

That black and white car does look fantastic! i'll give you that!

speedthing - 30/3/03 at 12:06 PM

Hi matthew

your car looks well cool what off set did
you go for on your wheels

mdc124 - 30/3/03 at 04:12 PM

38mm on a 6.5 inch rim.

They fill the arches well dont they?

These are VERY CLOSE to being proud of the rear arches as the alloys bow outwards from the centre so be careful !(SVA Failure)

MK recommends 50mm offset, but they weren't available in that range.

Lord Charles - 30/3/03 at 08:17 PM

quote:

nice one but I wish martin wouldn't put that reverse gear on with the amount of people copying his chassis won't be long before some B tries copying that.

I've been looking into building a seven replica for a while and I've done a lot of "Homework" and what I can't understand is this:-

People are ripping of MK's chassis, there is no doubt, but the "copies" are MORE EXPENSIVE!!!!! not only that but the quality of them is nowhere near as good, what sort of business is that??

I could understand it if they were "cheap" copies, you could take the drop in quality if you were paying less, but why would you pay more for a clearly inferior product?

Dunno

Charlie

mdc124 - 30/3/03 at 08:54 PM

I found that too - was offered copies, second hand builds all more than MK Turnkey

mdc124 - 30/3/03 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher

It's ok - anyone copying 'that' design will spend more money making it work that if they'd started from scratch. - It's 'evolved' from there I believe well it has on my car

Mark H - 31/3/03 at 11:37 AM

I'm surprised how good Jon Ison looks in a bikini.

Must have been a bit chilly on the way there?

Champion Builder - 31/3/03 at 04:15 PM

Yeah you're right there, Jon Ison looks stunning in a bikini, or is it just that he's standing in a GT1?? The new web site's great, showing a much better brace of cars than the old site. I wondered why the old one was never updated, now I know they were gonna update it in a big way so didn't bother. The Indy kit looks great -11 piece GRP!! That black beast looks fantastic. Now I know what colour to go for!!

locodude - 31/3/03 at 05:45 PM

To be fair, the guy who used to do it did it for free and the only reason it wasn't updated regularly is because Martin never gave him anything to work with. Things have changed a little now and if things need putting on they'll done much quicker.

santcliff - 31/3/03 at 06:55 PM

fantastic new site, i'm sure the colour will grow on me.

i like the addition of the of the deluxe starter kit. does 11 piece fibreglass mean the seats are included too?

one down side, the images aere a bit big and take ages to download on my poxy dial-up.

s

locodude - 31/3/03 at 08:21 PM

no seats I'm afraid.
2 front wings
2 rear wings
1 nose cone
1 bonnet
1 scuttle
1 rear panel
2 side panels
1 bulhead panel/battery tray