Board logo

MK:s Wiring loom
Jonte - 19/9/06 at 12:29 PM

How complete is the wiring loom provided by MK, is it everything except engine wiring?

shortie - 19/9/06 at 07:15 PM

It's actually a Vicky Green loom which is designed for a Pinto engine so basically it will do everything including the engine if you have a Pinto, if you have a different engine then you need to changeadd some bits.

HTH,
Rich.

Jonte - 19/9/06 at 08:34 PM

ok....
Im actually thinking of a zetec with MS, so there´s no need for that part.
Probably easier to do the rest by myslef then.

BTW, whats vicky green...?

[Edited on 19-9-06 by Jonte]

iscmatt - 19/9/06 at 11:07 PM

vicki green is the person who first made the loom.

i would say be careful though as i bought a loom from mk for my car, towards the end i had some problems so i spoke to Steve (mk wiring man) and he said it wasnt a vicki green! - it was i newer model with no plugs just wires.

however the only problem i had was with regards to engine wiring - you dont want this so it would probably be suitable for your aplication.

(just a warning for other mk pintos)

HTH Matt

Hursty - 20/9/06 at 12:49 PM

Hi

I bought a loom from Robin Hood which was cheaper than MK. It didn't have the engine bay included but that was fine for me as I din't have a pinto and was using the donor engine loom anyway. It cam complete with fuse box but no plugs just the wires. Worked ok for me and fits just fine.

matt.c - 20/9/06 at 06:24 PM

So is there anyone that does a loom especially for bike engine cars?

So i dont have to do anything to it but fit it to the car, plug everything in and go?

Zaphod - 23/9/06 at 03:37 PM

So the loom is complete with relays, fuses etc?

Jonte - 24/9/06 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod
So the loom is complete with relays, fuses etc?

that would be interesting to know

auzziejim - 24/9/06 at 05:50 PM

the vicky green loom has 4 fuses from memory and thats about it i think. i have a vg loom but it will be chopped about in the near future as i begin the task of wiring. all im using it for is the basic layout of the loom and wire

good job it was an ebay bargain

Hursty - 27/9/06 at 12:09 PM

Mine came complete with a small fuse box and fuses ( about six or so from memory), but no relays.

I used the flasher relay out of the donor car and bought a couple of new relays for lights etc from Ploevolt for abot £1.80 each