Board logo

help is any one going to mk
THE BEAR - 28/8/07 at 09:42 PM

hello all can you help me iam thinking of going to mk on the 8th of sept with it in mind to order a new kit a witch kit is worth its money and is any one going to be there on the 8th so i can check out there build for hints and things as its a 4 hour drive to mk for us and would like to see some different cars many thanks all

Hellfire - 28/8/07 at 09:55 PM

If the weather is half decent ie, not raining, there is usually a good turnout of Indys on a Saturday. Make sure you get there nice and early before the bacon butty run.

Phil

graememk - 28/8/07 at 09:59 PM

what time is the bacon butty run ?

THE BEAR - 28/8/07 at 10:01 PM

yer good point what time is the butty run and whats the chance of the wife and me going out in a mk

zxrlocost - 28/8/07 at 10:03 PM

ok well you need to hope a few turn up on a sat morning and go out in a BEC

Hellfire - 28/8/07 at 10:15 PM

Bacon butty run is usually about 10 to 10:30'ish. I would say there's a good chance of you and the wife getting a run out in an MK but unfortunately not together at the same time.

Phil

l0c0st - 28/8/07 at 11:34 PM

Just a thought, but can you not wait a week and order your kit at the Donington show?

I ordered mine at donington last year and got "free" powdercoating (£180 ish worth) because I ordered at the show. I don't know whether they would be doing the same offer, but it would be less distance to travel and I'm sure there will be a few MK'ers and locostbuilders around.

Dom.

afj - 29/8/07 at 07:04 AM

i ordered my kit yesterday, there a great bunch of guys,but dont be afraid to haggle u2u me if you want to know what deal i got

StevieB - 29/8/07 at 07:34 AM

They still owe me an aerscreen - does anyone know if they got the moulds sorted out?

mackei23b - 29/8/07 at 07:57 AM

the mould should be ready in the next couple of weeks

Cheers

Ian

[Edited on 29/8/07 by mackei23b]

SyKaTurbo - 29/8/07 at 08:26 AM

Picking mine up on the 8th of Sept.

Although when i ordered the kit with the aero screen I wasn't told of any delays.

[Edited on 29/8/07 by SyKaTurbo]

StevieB - 29/8/07 at 10:30 AM

I wasn't told either in July 2006!

I'm not planning on actually using the aeroscreen as my plans have changed a bit, but I have paid for it up front, so do want to actually get it.

Like I said before though, the reason I didn't get it in the first place was because there was a problem with the mold and they didn't want me to take a substandard product from them - which is a good thing, in a way.

THE BEAR - 29/8/07 at 02:35 PM

WHAT TIME YOU GOING SKA MIGHT SEE YOU THERE