Board logo

Mk body panels
craig_007 - 7/9/07 at 09:46 PM

Hi all,I have a standard build locost that I'm looking to tidy up over the winter,my question is,will a mk nose cone,bonnet and scuttle fit my car,I realise the side panels won't fit but I'm happy enough to paint whats already there !!
Cheers Craig

Avoneer - 8/9/07 at 06:44 AM

Yes.

That's what I've used.

Pat...

oliwb - 8/9/07 at 08:45 AM

But why would you want to considering how bad the fibreglass work is on the MK? I saw plenty of other locost based kits at Newark that had much better grp work. Even GTS......Oli.

Catpuss - 8/9/07 at 10:01 AM

The nose cones are OK. For me it was the side pannels that were poor fits. Oddly the rear went on fine with just a couple of 3mm plastic shims down the side to match up with the side pannels. Took about 10 mins to get the back to match up.

craig_007 - 8/9/07 at 11:18 AM

Cheers guys,I'm just trying to compare the locost nosecone and mk to see what looks better(any opinions??)
Can any of you give the size of the nose where it meets up to the bonnet(turn the nosecone on it's back and measure from side to side)
The one on the locost is 24" side to side !!

graememk - 8/9/07 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by oliwb
But why would you want to considering how bad the fibreglass work is on the MK? I saw plenty of other locost based kits at Newark that had much better grp work. Even GTS......Oli.

pmsl coming from someone with avon body work thats funny.

if it were me wanting locost body work i'd have GTS, BUT>>>> call darren first arrange a time and delivery day and collect the items.

but from what i've seen its the best body work on the market.

Avoneer - 8/9/07 at 10:27 PM

I personally think the MK nose is where it's at.

The side bulges are just right and it has a very nice look.

MK GRP is 100 times better than anything Tiger could knock out and a lot better than the other ST stuff I have on my car.

Pat...

Hellfire - 9/9/07 at 07:46 AM

Personally, I think the quality of the MK fibreglass panels is great. Certainly much better than a few other manufacturers panels I've seen.

Phil

SyKaTurbo - 10/9/07 at 08:26 AM

I thought the finish of the MK stuff was spot on. The fit is all about how its put on I guess.

craig_007 - 10/9/07 at 05:26 PM

Cheers guys,I at least know now I will get some thing to smarten the car up,I had a look at the GTS panther kit aswell,that also looks like a tidy kit,nosecone especially,just have to decide on a smart colour ??