Board logo

sva manual
Razor - 18/9/07 at 11:37 AM

how important is it to have a sva manual while building your car? and if yes where can i buy one from?
Rich

worX - 18/9/07 at 11:39 AM

As you are building a manufacturer's kit car, then I would say not that important to be honest...

Steve

nib1980 - 18/9/07 at 11:41 AM

don't buy go here

http://www.rootpeg.net/SVAMarch2004.pdf

RazMan - 18/9/07 at 12:05 PM

Most of the sva requirements are more common sense than anything else but there are a few areas which need to be exact (lighting issues predominantly) so download the manual in the posted link and use it as a reference guide but don't get obsessed by some of the extreme detail stuff.

Hellfire - 18/9/07 at 12:05 PM

SVA manuals are useful and handy to have but with a resource like Locostbuilders at your fingertips, it's not essential.

Phil

[Edited on 18-9-07 by Hellfire]

fuzzy!! - 18/9/07 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
..... but don't get obsessed by some of the extreme detail stuff.

is this extreme? "Bend radii should exceed 3 times the tube diameter. Where tubes are ovalised .... the ratio d/D should not be less than 0.9" !! (section Annex1 Page3)

RazMan - 18/9/07 at 03:03 PM

Thats exactly what I mean - jeeez I doubt that even the sva tester would know that one!

Razor - 18/9/07 at 05:06 PM

cheers ppl, that helps alot, i do love this site for its helpfullness, on and complete note rang mk today, my kit should be ready to collect next saturday, yay !!!
Rich

Razor - 18/9/07 at 05:07 PM

cheers ppl, that helps alot, i do love this site for its helpfullness, on a completely different note rang mk today, my kit should be ready to collect next saturday, yay !!!
Rich

Hellfire - 18/9/07 at 05:22 PM

So come on then, spill the beans. What engine are you fitting and will you be frequenting the BEC section??...................

Phil

Razor - 18/9/07 at 11:51 PM

yeh, i have a R1 engine ready and waiting to be fitted, saw your car at donntington, wanted to meet you and have a good look round it but sadly you werent around at the time.

Hellfire - 19/9/07 at 11:45 AM

If you're collecting your kit from MK on Saturday, one of us will probably be there (provided it's not raining). You're quite welcome to have a look around it.

Phil

Razor - 21/9/07 at 10:11 AM

every time ive been up there has always been some one there its like a becon lol, but if there is that would be great more photos and advice the better, thanks everyone
Rich

ps its the 29th if all goes to plan and ppl fancy a drive up weathr permiting