Board logo

Full Roll cage fitments
charlierevell - 28/5/08 at 05:40 PM

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the MK Full cage welds or bolts in? Is it hard to fit? And has anyone priced one up recently? If so how much?

Thanks a mil!

indykid - 28/5/08 at 05:42 PM

mines a special made by martin with a welded in roll hoop with back braces and diagonal with a bolt on front half. you'll need plates welding in in the footwells whatever fitment you go for.

i think it was £400 about 2 years ago, so i'd imagine prices will have gone up since. istr a standard cage was about £350
tom

[Edited on 28/5/08 by indykid]

DavidW - 28/5/08 at 06:41 PM

I have one in the garage I'm ready to weld in.

It was £350 including plates, front and rear hoops and top and rear braces.

Avoneer - 28/5/08 at 07:15 PM

Mine was another Martin special at £350 welded in (I think).

Prefer mine as the top bars above your head were horizontal after the kink.

Was more than 2 years ago though.

Pat...

PAUL FISHER - 28/5/08 at 07:21 PM

To have a full cage fitted to your Indy will be around £450 with MK Sportscars,they have to remove your rear panel,rear arches etc,so there's a bit of work involved,also if you have bonded your rear panel on this usually will not come off in one piece,so buget for a new rear panel as well if this is the case.
Another option,carried out by Martin Keenan at MK Engineering is a bolt in cage,with side rails,which will bolt onto your own roll bar,no need to strip the rear end etc,not sure on the price though,you will have to check with him,neat job though. Rescued attachment mk cage martin.jpg
Rescued attachment mk cage martin.jpg

charlierevell - 28/5/08 at 07:33 PM

Hmmm, I like the side bars but would rather it was welded in totally!
I have a bolted on back end as the guy I bought it off was looking at a cage for his next big spend.
Only problem is that I'm 300+ Miles from MK.... bugger!

matt.c - 28/5/08 at 09:31 PM

I welded mine in. Got the two overhead bars and the front hoop from MK for around £150.

Description
Description

[Edited on 28/5/08 by matt.c]