Board logo

kak or kit
hotshotbeans - 4/3/06 at 09:59 AM

vote lets see what all the people think

smart51 - 4/3/06 at 11:41 AM

Most kits are supplied with a quality of fit that I would consider cack. The other part of fit and finish is down to the builder. You can make a nice job of an avon just as much as you can botch even the nicest kit.

tractorboy - 5/3/06 at 02:09 AM

im more than happy with mine and i have personnaly never had a problem with the people at tiger . ok the body work leaves a bit to be desired but overall im still happy. cheers scott

ayoungman - 6/3/06 at 09:05 AM

I am happy with mine too. I have always found Tiger people to be very helpful too. Richard at Plumpstead has always been very accomodating to my questions. As above, you canmake a very good car out of an Avon if you are prepared to put effort in. They are definately not flat pack assembly and do require a degree of personal intervention !

Fishface - 6/3/06 at 01:54 PM

I'll support that. Pleased all round, product and service. It would help if they refined it a bit better but i think they are too busy creating new models to revisit the old ones. Come on lets big up the avon and stand proud, (plus we should protect our investments!)
I wouldnt of managed to of done such a good job if it wasnt for the avon build websites such as pats. It made all the difference doing things right first time and being aware of the pitfalls.