Board logo

jacks?
marshall - 22/7/06 at 05:30 PM

what type of jack are people useing to
carry around? if you happen to get a puncher.
as i do not want to carry a trolly jack
as it is to big...

andrew.carwithen - 22/7/06 at 05:44 PM

I'd have thought the only jack you could collapse low enough to get under the chassis (apart from a trolley jack) would be a scissor jack as supplied with your common or garden tin top.
Don't most people just carry a can of puncture sealant (saves having a heavy spare wheel on the back) and a breakdown membership card for emergencies?

Andy.

ruskino80 - 22/7/06 at 06:07 PM

small bottle jack.

nick205 - 22/7/06 at 07:05 PM

do you carry a spare wheel?

tractorboy - 22/7/06 at 07:10 PM

im with chris, rac card and a mobile phone. never leave home without them . cheers scott

SeaBass - 22/7/06 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ruskino80
small bottle jack.

This has to be a p iss take... Your ride height must be wrong if you can get this anywhere near under the car...

3GEComponents - 22/7/06 at 08:05 PM

I use one of these, well the old disco does weigh 2 tons Rescued attachment jack.jpg
Rescued attachment jack.jpg

zilspeed - 23/7/06 at 01:27 PM

I can't get my trolley jack under the car with the four tyres fully inflated. I need to lever it up with the jack handle to get the jack under. Perish the thought if I picked up a puncture.

ruskino80 - 23/7/06 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass

This has to be a p iss take...

not really car is light enough to lift and slide jack under front x member and like wise at rear under diff-these jacks dont leave you with bare bone knuckles-but if your car is to heavy.............?

pjavon - 23/7/06 at 08:46 PM

Mobile phone and AA card my toolkit

Lightning - 26/7/06 at 05:31 PM

Mobile phone and wife in her car......no probs. Don't break down ......Now I'm asking for trouble.