Board logo

webbers
ricklawn - 3/3/07 at 10:16 AM

has anyone done a service re-build on a rair of webbers? and if so how easy is it on a 1-10 scale? ie to service do you have to bugger about with the jets

cossiebri - 3/3/07 at 10:28 AM

Done this a few times ...
only change the jet's if blocked/worn etc
A rebuild kit consists of new o-rings,joints etc,also comes with a new needle valve.
just make sure the fuel bowl floats are adjusted correctly.from the gasket to edge of float should be 7.5 mm when shut off and 15mm when open(droop)

[Edited on 3/3/07 by cossiebri]

RichieW - 3/3/07 at 10:30 AM

Never done it but theres an article in this months PPC mag(Practical Performance car) about a twin weber stripdown and rebuild. (I think they are from memory) Theres loads of photos so it sould give you a good idea if you can manage it or not.

[Edited on 3/3/07 by RichieW]

ricklawn - 3/3/07 at 10:57 AM

the webbers are just as i bought the car. car runs very well but leaking fuel from the seals. also i have been told that there should be a bit of play, ie not bolted on solid as mine are, so hopefully i wont have to touch the internal......Touch wood...

i have just re read that , does it make sence?????????????

zetec7 - 3/3/07 at 03:29 PM

The hard part about Webers is getting them jetted correctly in the first place. In your case, that's already done. Tuning them up is easy...they're the easiest carbs I've ever worked on for servicing. There's loads of free stuff on the 'net about fixing minor problems like that. Give it a go - you'll be glad you did. And, you'll know more about your carbs.