Board logo

Wipers, Boxes, Washers
edspurrier - 19/7/07 at 11:52 AM

I'm using the standard Tiger windscreen and wiper setp. Can anyone please tell me where to drill the holes for the wiper boxes?

Not sure whether to put them symmetrically around the middle or to offset the driver's side wiper towards teh side of the car. Presume this depends on the motor sweep angle, which must be fixed

Thanks
Ed

BenB - 19/7/07 at 01:07 PM

Someone might come up with the answer for you.... If its a standard setup.... If not its DIY time....

Where you put them depends on whether you're having nearside or offside park blades (should be obvious from the wiper arms). This will determine which side of the scuttle the motor will be...

You can try and work out the angle of sweep from the number stamped onto the back of the crank wheel but it depends on how many teeth your rocker box wheel has. You'll usually get the standard teeth number but there are a few rockers out there with fewer teeth (or is it more- whichever, it mucks up your sweep!!). I'd recommend temporarily attaching a rocker box to the motor and manually checking the sweep. Use this to determine roughly where the offside box needs to go. Even if it's not 100% where you wanted it'll be close enough- its not as if the offside blade needs to be that accurate as field-of-view is less important. Once that's in place, you can measure the distance between the beginning of the offside sweep and where you want the drivers sweep to start and therefore work out the gap needed between rocker boxes....

Clear as mud?

I didn't do it this way initially and had some holes to fill and gelcoat afterwards from failed attempts

PeterW - 19/7/07 at 05:04 PM

I've got a Tiger scuttle for a Cat, and it has moulded 'lumps' for the wiper boxes.

I can measure those if you want...?

Cheers

Pete

edspurrier - 19/7/07 at 07:57 PM

If you're using the Tiger (mini?) wiper kit, that would be great - distance apart and where they arerelative to centreline would be excellent
Thanks
Ed