Board logo

What engine, R1 or Blade?
leemarkadams - 22/11/08 at 05:56 PM

Hello all, after going out in Hobzy's R1 powered Indy, I am looking to get a BEC myself, as I was very impressed!

Anyway, what engine os the better one, for the odd weekend blast and track days, R1 or Blade, as looking in te calssifieds there are a lot of each and after a bit of guidance.

Many thanks

Lee

[Edited on 22/11/08 by leemarkadams]

imp paul - 22/11/08 at 06:22 PM

wot about zx10r good for big power

tjoh84 - 22/11/08 at 06:35 PM

mine is up cheap

link

hobzy - 22/11/08 at 06:55 PM

'Course you already know what I'd say

Glad you liked it - apologies again for the moment - I must learn to modulate the brakes Still used to ABS It was the fact that she looked straight at us and still went for it that got me.

leemarkadams - 22/11/08 at 07:04 PM

Glad you liked it - apologies again for the moment - I must learn to modulate the brakes Still used to ABS It was the fact that she looked straight at us and still went for it that got me.

I have been in worse situations.......trust me!

hobzy - 22/11/08 at 07:06 PM

True - to be fair, it a shame you couldn't have shot the crap out of her for not stopping at a checkpoint

gixermark - 23/11/08 at 09:31 PM

in a car it doesn't make anywhere near the difference it does in a bike.. you need reliability firstly.. handling will get you far further on track than engine anyway....

the R1 is very powerful and rev happy... blade is solid and VERY proven..

I'm slightly biased as i have a championship winning blade engined car for sale though

one thing i can't recommend enough is the help/service & honesty of Andy at AB Performance whatever way you go.........

Hellfire - 23/11/08 at 10:09 PM

Personally, I think the Blade engines are great. Having said that, I also think R1 engines are great. Come to think of it, all bike engines around 900cc and upwards are great. Just get one. Doesn't really matter which one, cos none of them will disappoint you.........

Phil

Meeerrrk - 24/11/08 at 10:46 AM

fireblade, love the bikes & the engine in my car is cracking!

bedlamage - 25/11/08 at 01:40 PM

I have a blade engine and prop for sale if your looking to build yourself.

dean100yz - 25/12/08 at 04:17 PM

I got a 918 Blade in mine TTS jetted and it goes very nicely

Only find I want more when Im two up