Board logo

R1 oil pressure and oil temp sender location
sdh2903 - 24/5/11 at 05:16 PM

I have a 4xv R1 lump and have a oil pressure and temp gauge to fit. I know the usual location for the pressure sender is tapped into the oil cooler bolt however even with a 90 degree fitting its fouling a chassis rail. Has anyone used an alternative location?

Also where can the temp sender be fitted? I guess the easiest place would be with a sump plug adapter but I feel that may be a bit risky incase anything rips it off??

Any ideas?

cheers
Steve

sdh2903 - 24/5/11 at 06:08 PM

Doh! answer staring at me, oil sandwich plate mount both at the same time.

Anyone know if this one would do the trick:? Not sure what the thread is on the R1 filter?

Oil Sandwich Plate Universal Fit gauge sender silver | eBay UK

Davey D - 24/5/11 at 06:21 PM

i dont know if the 4xv is the same, but on my 5vy there is an existing galery on the front and back with an M16 thread. I just got an m16 to 1/8npt adapter for my gauge sensors

sdh2903 - 24/5/11 at 06:45 PM

As far as I know the 4xv doesnt have this gallery unless someone corrects me?

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
i dont know if the 4xv is the same, but on my 5vy there is an existing galery on the front and back with an M16 thread. I just got an m16 to 1/8npt adapter for my gauge sensors

bassett - 24/5/11 at 08:00 PM

If you want both i reckon the sandwhich plate is best, if you have enough room that is and can get the right one. i went and taped the oil cooler bolt but i just wanted a pressure one

[Edited on 24/5/11 by bassett]