Board logo

Radical SR3
probablyleon - 22/10/11 at 07:01 PM

My curiosity got the better of me today and I paid £30 for half a dozen (passenger) laps around Castle Combe in a Radical SR3... Good god!!! My internal organs are still trying to work out what happened and my neck may never fully recover.

CRAIGR - 22/10/11 at 07:10 PM

LOL ^^^^^

Steve Hignett - 22/10/11 at 07:18 PM

When are you buying one?

fullpint - 22/10/11 at 07:52 PM

I should of went along since it's only a few miles down the road for me.. Only realised it was this moring after looking at the forum
Seen the Radicals coming up over avon rise They are awesome..

Mr C - 22/10/11 at 09:05 PM

You enjoyed it then?

eddie99 - 22/10/11 at 09:10 PM

Downforce is good

BobM - 22/10/11 at 09:21 PM

Whose car were you in? Darcy Smith used to race in RGB and has posted on Facebook that he had a good day at Combe :-)

BobM - 22/10/11 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Downforce is good
Yeah, along with slicks and tuned 1500 Busa engines And of course someone who knows how to pedal it ...

hobbsy - 22/10/11 at 10:13 PM

Are there many road legal ones of these about? Always fancied one but cant justify a track only toy at the moment. I know they do a light pack for them...

franky - 22/10/11 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hobbsy
Are there many road legal ones of these about? Always fancied one but cant justify a track only toy at the moment. I know they do a light pack for them...

I actually saw one on the road a few days ago.

It didn't look like the driver was having much fun at all.

probablyleon - 22/10/11 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BobM
Whose car were you in? Darcy Smith used to race in RGB and has posted on Facebook that he had a good day at Combe :-)

It's driven by Stephen Roberts and John Howarth although not sure which of the two was driving when I was in it. Whoever it was, he could certainly drive. While we were sat waiting to go out I mentioned I had a bec and was interested to see just how much quicker they were. I get the feeling he was after making a point... Point made (and enjoyed) loud and clear.