Board logo

log book
brookie - 29/2/12 at 06:49 PM

wanting to change my details on the indy log book it still down as a 2l amd wanting to change to the 918 how do i do this what do i need to send to them and what part do i fill out on the log book

Hellfire - 29/2/12 at 06:57 PM

Check the DVLA website or give them a call. I'd suspect as a minimum they'd want the V5C returning with completed details of engine size and number, together with written confirmation on headed paper from a reputable garage.

Phil

bob - 29/2/12 at 06:58 PM

As far as i remember when i changed from 2L Pinto to 1800 Zetec i filled out the V5 change section stating the new engine number and cc and that was it.

scootz - 29/2/12 at 07:18 PM

They need a letter from the garage who fitted it confirming the engine number and engine size.

bigfoot4616 - 29/2/12 at 08:05 PM

or if you fitted it yourself any garage that will write you a letter on headed paper which is all i did, used a small motorbike garage that i know.
make some copies though and send them a copy as DVLA lost mine first time.

tilly819 - 29/2/12 at 09:19 PM

change the V5 and also do a V70 since it will be changing tax class you can get a v70 from the website somewhere also need a receipt for the engine or some proof of were it came from.

i had a right faf doing mine a few months ago, ended up going to a local dvla office and sorted it in 10 mins

tilly

Gus - 29/2/12 at 09:52 PM

I recived my new V5 today after changing the engine. I sent them 2 photos of the old engine, 1 of the new engine and a letter from Ford to confirm age and size.

Gus