Board logo

BEC Fuel Pump ZX10r
roadrunner - 25/10/12 at 12:07 PM

My ZX10r engine is just about mounted in it's new home, and it's time to start thinking of all the new connections I need to make to get the thing running.
I think I am correct to think that I don't need a fuel return pipe from the throttle bodies.
Also, I have a ZX9r pump already plumbed in. Would this give the correct fuel pressure needed for the 10. If not, I don't fancy fitting the zx10 pump as it's an under tank fitment , and I have a plastic tank.
What would be a good alternative pump to use.
Thanks
Brad.

[Edited on 25/10/12 by roadrunner]

wylliezx9r - 25/10/12 at 12:24 PM

ZX9r pump will not provide enough pressure. There are loads of aftermarket pumps that can be used. I guess first though you need to know what pressure you require ?

[Edited on 25/10/12 by wylliezx9r]

roadrunner - 25/10/12 at 02:07 PM

What about two zx9 pumps in parallel.

angliamotorsport - 25/10/12 at 04:41 PM

If you don't use the zx10r intank pump you will need an aftermarket pump (Sytec) or similar, plus an adjustable regulator and provision for a pressure gauge. The fuel pressure is normally between 41 and 44 psi and of course if using this arrangement, you will need a return pipe to the tank, hopefully not plastic!.

Hope this helps.

jonabonospen - 25/10/12 at 07:25 PM

If you need a ZX10R pump then let me know as I have a spare one that can be for sale if you want, as I just broke a ZX10R race bike for my Mac#1 ZX10R Worx build and it can with spare tanks with fuel pumps in

roadrunner - 26/10/12 at 09:13 AM

Thanks fellas .

I will keep that in mind jonabonospen.

I think I was after another bike pump that had the wright fuel pressure and can be top mounted.

Can the zx10 pump have its pipes elongated to suit tank. Just a thought.

Brad.

jonabonospen - 26/10/12 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
Thanks fellas .

I will keep that in mind jonabonospen.

I think I was after another bike pump that had the wright fuel pressure and can be top mounted.

Can the zx10 pump have its pipes elongated to suit tank. Just a thought.

Brad.

I have no idea Brad. But if you ever want to come have a look at one then let me know and you can bob over and take a look. If you are near the Humber Bridge then I am only down the M62 just off junction 30.

Send me a U2U if you fancy a look.

paigeo - 21/4/13 at 07:59 AM

I have used the STD ZX10r(2005) fuel pump. This is an intank pump and there is no return line going back to the tank from the fuel rail etc.