Board logo

Flatslide Carbs
danny84 - 12/11/13 at 08:49 PM

Has anyone on here had any experience of flatslide carbs on their bec or know of anyone who has them fitted??
Would any other mods be required like cams or head work??
I was thinking of getting some for my R1 4xv mk indy,i've been told they give exellent power gains!!
I would like to know pros and cons also power gains in relation to cost ie. are they really worth it or even suitable in a car.

Cheer
Danny

daniel mason - 12/11/13 at 09:15 PM

ive got them and know where theres a set for sale if spacings are good! ive got them on a powertec kawasaki motor. they can be awkward to start at times/flooding plugs, and they dont like idling too much. but they are superb once running. radical sell them at around £1600 + vat i think. u2u me if you want to know whaer the others are f/s

danny84 - 12/11/13 at 09:23 PM

Cheer mate i will.
Do you get much power gains with them??
1600+ vat seems a lot if your only going to gain 5 or 6 hp.
Do you have other engine mods done too???

daniel mason - 12/11/13 at 09:38 PM

gas flowed head and powertec strengthening. but nothing major

franky - 13/11/13 at 07:38 AM

Hi

I've a set you can have for £600.

You'll get 5-8bhp everywhere and better throttle response. It'll idle the same as any other carb and they can be set up better, thats why they're fitted to all the older race bikes etc.

The set I've got came off a zzr1100radical so come with a flo-commander also Even got the tuned head still...

[Edited on 13/11/13 by franky]

gaz_gaz - 13/11/13 at 09:12 AM

I've got a set on my radical zzr1200 at the moment that will be removed and possibly for sale in the next month or so

Ive not had any problems idling or starting with them.

[Edited on 13/11/13 by gaz_gaz]

danny84 - 13/11/13 at 06:00 PM

Cheers guys.I'll be in touch if I decide to go down that route.I think second hand is in my price range.
Do you run air boxes with your set ups or just gauze filters??

franky - 13/11/13 at 06:17 PM

Air box for best results. They make a llovely noise.

Furyarno - 30/11/13 at 11:41 AM

I've put a keihin 41 rampe on my ZZR 11 , Tuning is a bit of work but result is great , much more torque a lower rpm ; more hp ,
throttle response is immediat & noise is awesome , no turning back on cvk for sure
ow gently on the gaz below 3m rpm , mind the seals , less miles /gallon evidemment

500 € on ebay.de