Board logo

R1 filter options
hearnia - 21/5/05 at 10:59 PM

Hi,
Been doing some research on this site, and have come to the conclusion I might aswell ditch my standard R1 airbox as it doesnt fit in my Indy.

Can anyone recommend any filters to replace the airbox with? and the best place to buy them?

I'm also thinking of getting a dynajet kit, and would like any other suggestions to get some moderately priced power.

Thanks
Joe

mangogrooveworkshop - 21/5/05 at 11:05 PM

you turn it upside down

OX - 21/5/05 at 11:27 PM

yip turn it upside down but you will have to cut the inlet rubbers out and turn those back round ,cut all 4 out in one big block and glue it back together.
you have to do this becouse the carbs arnt spaced out the same ,you have a bank of 3 then the throttle cable and then the other carb

Ianz18avon - 22/5/05 at 10:05 AM

Perhaps someone here can help me, I've got a set of carbs from an R1 can anyone tell me how to connect all the pipes (both black plastic and metal pipes)???

hearnia - 23/5/05 at 06:34 PM

So can noone recommend a filter for the bike?

I dont really like the idea of messing about with the airbox as I quite fancy a nice filter to go on top.

ChrisGamlin - 23/5/05 at 06:38 PM

The Pipercross or ITG sausage filters are what most people use, you can get them from the likes of Merlin Motorsport, Rally Design etc, as well as most of the kit car manufacturers / suppliers Id think.