Board logo

paper r1 mock up
gsxrmini - 30/4/06 at 02:03 AM

well i found a paper 10:1 scale model of yamaha r1 engine i used it to design my frame for my mini

heres the web site http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/realistic/index.html

kb58 - 30/4/06 at 03:55 AM

Cool! Wonder how accurate it is.

In fact, what would be REALLY cool is if they sold a full size paper model for us builders!

ludsonline - 30/4/06 at 04:05 AM

great project m8 have a look at the site below, loads of ideas

http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=11&prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all&st=0

donut - 30/4/06 at 05:14 AM

Love it!!!

cossey - 30/4/06 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kb58
Cool! Wonder how accurate it is.

In fact, what would be REALLY cool is if they sold a full size paper model for us builders!

its just a pdf that you print out then cut out and fold up the bits. nothing to stop you scaling it up by 10 (although youd need a big printer for some of parts.)

[Edited on 30/4/06 by cossey]

ChrisGamlin - 30/4/06 at 11:10 AM

Its a nifty little model but as to how accurate it is, I cant imagine it being accurate enough for anything other than basic engine positioning in a wireframe chassis as gsxrmini has done, it doesnt seem to have the important bits like engine mounts or even the gearbox output shaft for example, and there's only so much accuracy / detail you can get by folding paper.

I guess what you may be able to do though if you can build one to decent scale is to use the model as a base, and then get real measurements of engine mounts etc and add them to it, at the end of the day it rarely matters whether every detail is accurate, just as long as the important parts are in the right places so you can plan engine mounts, exhaust, prop attachment etc.

gsxrmini - 30/4/06 at 03:53 PM

yeah i dont know how good of a scale it is, but compare it with my buddys real r1 its pretty damn close... you got to build one to see how much detail is one one of these. there is a header system that you could build but i really didn't care for it since im going TURBO!!!