Board logo

ZX12-R Vehicle down sensor
the moa 2 - 16/11/06 at 11:49 PM

I want to eliminate the possibility of my vehicle down sensor stopping the engine while driving .

i have read somewhere that i should fill it with araldite in the up position to prevent it spinning round and making the switch so i opened it up tonight and thought that surely an easier solution would be to just remove the circle thingey that makes the switch.

Is there any reason why i cant do this ?

oddsaabs - 17/11/06 at 12:27 AM

I've been dealing with the same dilemma with the zx14 motor I'm readying for install. If I interpret the wiring schematic correctly, we should be able to just remove the sensor and tie the 3 wires leading to it together. This should keep the circuit closed, thereby keeping the ignition circuit compete and telling the ecu the bike is upright.

Any comments from those more experienced in such matters?

G.Man - 17/11/06 at 07:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by the moa 2
I want to eliminate the possibility of my vehicle down sensor stopping the engine while driving .

i have read somewhere that i should fill it with araldite in the up position to prevent it spinning round and making the switch so i opened it up tonight and thought that surely an easier solution would be to just remove the circle thingey that makes the switch.

Is there any reason why i cant do this ?

Pretty sure thats what I did

marc laptop - 17/11/06 at 07:30 AM

quote:

Pretty sure thats what I did

yep i have done this way too

wheezy - 17/11/06 at 08:29 AM

By far the simplest way is to glue the weight in the correct position. I looked at other ways of by-passing it but I believe it uses a whetestone bridge circuit so it is not just a case of joining the wires together to fool the ecu.

Dave

the moa 2 - 17/11/06 at 10:16 AM

I wasnt planning on joining the wires but instead just removing the moving part that spins and makes the circiut.

marc n - 17/11/06 at 11:56 AM

i just reoved the pendulam

Cheers

marc

G.Man - 17/11/06 at 12:49 PM

checked mine and the pendulum was removed... works fine

Hellfire - 17/11/06 at 05:15 PM

We left ours in and fully functional - no problems.

Steve

carlgeldard - 17/11/06 at 07:04 PM

Thats good to here Steve as I was going to leave mine.

Carl

the moa 2 - 17/11/06 at 08:26 PM

I am gonna remove mine tonight as it also makes it easier for me to mount not having to worry about where to mount it.