Board logo

MNR Vortx RT+ ZX10R on pistonheads
carpy - 13/9/08 at 12:09 PM

Anybody know anything about this MNR for sale? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/682922.htm

Have tried to contact the seller but currently had no reply. Anyone recognise the car or have comments on the advert?

Cheers

coozer - 13/9/08 at 12:14 PM

"it has phenominal acceleration (60 in 3 secs)and bags of power in every gear, it's like F1 for the road."

Hmm, I wonder....

stuart_g - 13/9/08 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
"it has phenominal acceleration (60 in 3 secs)and bags of power in every gear, it's like F1 for the road."

Hmm, I wonder....

That figure is probably not far off. BEC cars actually accelerate very quickly. My R1 powered Vortx does 60+ in first gear so it is only a matter of dumping the clutch and floor it.

mr henderson - 13/9/08 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carpy
Anybody know anything about this MNR for sale? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/682922.htm

Have tried to contact the seller but currently had no reply. Anyone recognise the car or have comments on the advert?

Cheers

"not for the faint-hearted"

hmmmm, haven't heard that one before. I supose it means that if a person had a faint heart (whatever that is) then maybe he hadn't better buy that car?

carpy - 13/9/08 at 04:49 PM

Cant get through to the seller anyway so perhaps it's sold or something. Or maybe he's on holiday.......

Hellfire - 13/9/08 at 05:29 PM

I reckon 3 seconds 0-60mph is slightly optimistic. 4 seconds is probably more realistic. Still damn quick though

Phil

TimC - 13/9/08 at 06:13 PM

I met Wynn at MNR the day that I ordered my kit. He was collecting his.

I think it's a nice build. If I remember right he lives on Anglesey. There are some pictures of the car on the MNR site.

Paul TigerB6 - 13/9/08 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuart_g
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Hmm, I wonder....

That figure is probably not far off. BEC cars actually accelerate very quickly. My R1 powered Vortx does 60+ in first gear so it is only a matter of dumping the clutch and floor it.

And probably as quick as you could ever want for the road - maybe too quick in most situations!! Some people just wont accept that BEC's are flippin quick!!

MK9R - 13/9/08 at 08:10 PM

I saw this car (and spoke to the guy) on a trackday at anglesey, it was very nicely made and was going very well on the track