Board logo

Datatool Digi Gear Indicator
eccsmk - 3/11/08 at 07:11 PM

how difficult are these to fit??
im planning on ordering one for my zx12
thanks folks

Hellfire - 3/11/08 at 07:51 PM

As posted back in July.....

Martin, I actually helped Healtech Electronics (Speedohealer) with their research to develop and market the GI Pro gear indicator for the ZX12R. Before that, we'd tried both the Datatool Digi and Acumen DG8 units (both developed by the same person BTW) and couldn't get either of them to work.

It seemed daft that the ZX12R had a gear position sensor yet no-one produced a GI to work from it, so I spoke to Acumen with this in mind. Unfortunately, they wouldn't develop a GI that worked from the gear position sensor, even though I provided a comprehensive schematic diagram for them.

Healtech however, were quite keen on the idea and after months of research and testing they produced one for the ZX12R. We've had ours fitted for quite a while now and it's superb. Never misses a beat.

Phil

INDY BIRD - 3/11/08 at 08:05 PM

Hi I fitted one to a zx12r engine had no problems with it,

Only reason is power fulctuation when connected up that it will not register what gear you are in,

in the end took a direct feed from the battery and put it on a switch to turn on and hey presto no problems worked a treat

Hope this helps

Sean

eccsmk - 3/11/08 at 10:31 PM

i believe you did phil im sure my memory is faing
ive found the website and im guessing this is down to your work.
thank you

indy bird is the power fluctuation down to your loom or the idicator itself?
thanks folks

INDY BIRD - 3/11/08 at 11:04 PM

Car is sold now but it was down to kawasaki loom,

Apparrently when pulling power from the the bike loom it can pulse power which causes issues with the feed and does not work,

as described above i can say this method worked with no problems, also fitted one to a blackbird engine again results perfect,

Thanks
Sean

eccsmk - 3/11/08 at 11:07 PM

wonderful thank you for the info

(thats another beer ill have to buy someone)

Hellfire - 4/11/08 at 12:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eccsmk
i believe you did phil im sure my memory is faing
ive found the website and im guessing this is down to your work.
thank you

Sure is and as stated, 'this is the fastest reacting and most accurate gear indicator for ZX12R models on the market'. (Simply because it works directly from the gear position sensor) It really has never missed a beat in the time we've had it fitted.

Phil

eccsmk - 4/11/08 at 08:42 PM

thank you phil
looks like im throwing some more money at the money pit in the garage
just needs remapping now then sva