Board logo

MEVabusa
Sonic7 - 27/2/12 at 09:21 PM

RTR announce the impending launch at Stoneleigh 2012 of the all new ‘MEVabusa’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDOkXc2RIvk&context=C34afe82ADOEgsToPDskK_joDEVk44PkIUFXbTRYDQ

matt_gsxr - 28/2/12 at 09:57 AM

now that was a disappointing video

Stott - 28/2/12 at 11:55 AM

+1

Also you should warn epileptics before they watch that!

Maybe it's meant to hypnotise people lol, like planet chaser starlight excellent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jRKQsWqjZs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sonic7 - 28/2/12 at 05:18 PM

Apologies if my post was misleading, I guess it was just an initial market tease by Road Track Race – RTR, prior to the cars launch at Stoneleigh, in a few month’s time.

It was when I visited RTR’s Nottingham based factory in early December last year, I spotted a part complete chassis that just didn’t look quite right for a tR1ke build.

Under interrogation Paul Holmes – (MD of RTR) divulged that this was the start of their first true kit car design, a Suzuki Hayabusa powered, ultra-light weight, 4 wheel, 2 seat, ultimate performance car, to be launched at the Stoneleigh Show in 2012. While I was sworn to secrecy at the time I notice that RTR have over the weekend posted a YouTube clip declaring their intentions to the world, so it’s not a secret no more, so I thought I’d share the information.

I’m sure that in the coming months / weeks more info will be forthcoming from RTR.

Hellfire - 28/2/12 at 07:35 PM

Stig Mills mentioned it here....

Phil

Sonic7 - 28/2/12 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Stig Mills mentioned it here....

Phil

Very interesting Phil, it would appear that Mr Mills is more deeply involved in RTR’s project than I was lead to believe back in December last year. Mind you I don’t see it as a bad thing at all.

Role on Stoneleigh

Sonic7 - 7/5/12 at 06:30 AM

Stoneleigh 2012 Kit Car Show - First Pictures of the New MEVabusa

daniel mason - 7/5/12 at 09:04 AM

how well do these mid engined rtr/mev cars handle compared to a 7 type car? how much suspension design goes into them as they seem to churn out 2-3 new cars a year! looks nice though and if it goes and handles/brakes well then with mev's reasonable pricing it could be a winner

Mike_82 - 14/10/12 at 04:45 PM

has any one driven one of these yet? Im curious as to how one would compare to a more traditional & style car on track

JC - 16/10/12 at 08:25 PM

Saw the three wheeler on track last week. Went like **** off a hot shiny shovel!! Looked like it was having a hard time putting the power down at times though so presumably the 4 wheeled version will be better...

daniel mason - 16/10/12 at 08:55 PM

i find it hard to understand the suspension design. not sure of top suspension mount strength.

Minicooper - 16/10/12 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
i find it hard to understand the suspension design. not sure of top suspension mount strength.

Why? looks straight forward to me. Are you referring to the rear suspension?

Cheers
David

[Edited on 16/10/12 by Minicooper]

iank - 17/10/12 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Minicooper
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason

Why? looks straight forward to me. Are you referring to the rear suspension?

Cheers
David

[Edited on 16/10/12 by Minicooper]

Rear suspension shock mount looks like just a tube stuck on to the chassis in picture 4, but picture 3 shows it's triangulated in the vertical plane - think I'd prefer another tube in the horizontal, but it should be ok.

Rear wishbones are stuck in the middle of tubes, but I've seen worse.