Board logo

Vauxhall VX powered Velocity
Jimbo - 5/2/04 at 04:22 PM

Keep your eye on "Which Kit" There's an article due about a 2 ltr XE powered Velocity.

Findlay234 - 5/2/04 at 04:55 PM

Yours????

When its in print leave a post on here

Jimbo - 28/2/04 at 03:18 PM

No, not mine. It's too narrow for me, I'm FB size.
I believe it will either be on the "Luego" or "Which Kit" stand at Stafford.

Jimbo - 15/3/04 at 10:24 AM

Ok, did anyone see it at Stafford? Rescued attachment Sheenies Luego.jpg
Rescued attachment Sheenies Luego.jpg

ned - 15/3/04 at 10:30 AM

yep, i had a good look at it, mainly engine stuff, plumbing fitting it all in type look, got a couple a pics. very nice car...

Ned.

Findlay234 - 15/3/04 at 11:15 AM

did anyone get a copy of the which kit with the article?

if so can they scan it for me?? ive got a fast connection so any size is fine as long as i can just about make out the words.

cheers

Jimbo - 15/3/04 at 11:21 AM

The article hasn't been published yet, possibly within the next couple of months.
Just a note, the car goes for SVA today, and it was me that persuaded him to put the XE lump in,& found him the engine.# (Hi Ned! Jim)

[Edited on 15/3/04 by Jimbo]

Northy - 15/3/04 at 01:01 PM

Ned, would be interested in those pictures

Never got to Stafford Was fitting bodywork

ned - 15/3/04 at 01:03 PM

they'll be in my photo archive very shortly. just need to adjust the brightness and contrast so you can see things a bit more clearly...

Ned.

Jimbo,

Do you know where he got the exhaust done?

thanks.

[Edited on 15/3/04 by ned]

Jimbo - 15/3/04 at 02:06 PM

not by name, but they made a right old hash of it first time, it looked horrendous! even then, he's spend hours & hours emerying the joints down & polishing it.
I certainly wouldn't recommend them. Wunoff (Bradford) would do you a "one off" at £100 / pipe, and I know someone over this way (Wigan) who will do similar.